Girls und Panzer, Kokoro Connect and more added to iTunes

Joshawott

Monsieur Monster
AUKN Staff
The digital distribution of anime series' is a rare sight indeed - Manga Entertainment UK release a small selection of their catalogue on the iTunes digital service, such as <em>Deadman Wonderland</em>, <em>High School DxD</em>&nbsp;and&nbsp;<em>Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood</em>. The Pok&eacute;mon Company International announced yesterday that iTunes will be the home of the&nbsp;<em>Pok&eacute;mon</em>&nbsp;franchise and now, it seems more are joining the club.

Eleven new anime titles were silently added to the iTunes Store and found by forum member&nbsp;NormanicGrav<strong>. </strong>Although the identity of who is behind them going live isn't known, the one thing the titles have in common is that they have all been released in North America by Sentai Filmworks. Episodes for almost all of the series' are available in Standard Definition for &pound;1.89 each, or in High Definition for &pound;2.49. However, for series' with OVA episodes, only the main TV episodes have been released on the platform. Also, all but one series is only available in an English dubbed format - the other is clearly labelled as being the original Japanese version. Here's a full list of new shows:

<ul>
<li>BTOOOM!</li>
<li>Campione!</li>
<li>Gatchaman (Episodes 1-24) <strong>[Standard Definition Only]</strong></li>
<li>Girls und Panzer</li>
<li>HENNEKO: The Hentai Prince And The Stony Cat <strong>[</strong><strong>Subtitled Only]</strong></li>
<li>Hiiro no Kakera (Season 2)</li>
<li>Kokoro Connect</li>
<li>La storia della Arcana Famiglia</li>
<li>Majestic Prince <strong>[Subtitled Only]</strong></li>
<li>MM!</li>
<li>NAKAIMO: My Little Sister Is Among Them!</li>
<li>Say "I Love You"</li>
<li>This Boy Caught a Merman&nbsp;<strong>[&pound;3.99 HD/&pound;2.99 SD. Available to rent for &pound;4.49 (HD) or &pound;3.49 (SD)]</strong></li>
<li>Yuyushiki&nbsp;<strong>[Subtitled Only]</strong></li>
</ul>

Re: Girls und Panzer, Kokoro Connect and more added to iTune

Found another one, also dubbed and in HD.

This Boy Caught a Merman
£3.39 (Buy), £4.49 (Rent)

Speaking of Pokemon, the 3rd movie is on there.

Pokemon 3: The Movie
£9.99 (SD Buy), £13.99 (HD Buy)

The third Pokémon movie? That's an odd one. Also, This Boy Caught a Merman costs more to rent than to buy?

So, do iTunes releases not require BBFC certifications then? I am not sure that some of the MM! content is entirely ummm...OK for release in this country (although I am no expert).

I have been under the assumption that companies do not release shows such as MM! or Haganai here due to certain content.

I found some more:

Majestic Prince (Japanese Dub)
£45.36 (SD Complete Buy), £59.76 (HD Complete Buy), £1.89 (SD per Episode), £2.49 (HD per Episode)

Note that the show's Collection sets have yet to be released on Blu-ray and DVD (July and August respectively)

Yuyushiki (Japanese Dub)
£22.68 (SD Complete Buy), £29.88 (HD Complete Buy), £1.89 (SD per Episode), £2.49 (HD per Episode)

Note that the show's DVD release is out this month and Blu-ray in August.

I bought an episode of Henneko I knew had steam and there is no less steam on the iTunes version. The quality isn't a huge improvement for the money either, I can't play it on my console or anything other than my PC and the iTunes player hates playing in fullscreen on my second monitor.

So.. what was the worse censored episode of Nakaimo again? ^^;

The issue I have, is all of the shows in the list that I would want to buy are streamed on Crunchyroll, in the original Japanese. So I can easily watch them on my laptop, iPad, PS3 or XBox 360 if I wanted to (Why not Wii U Crunchyroll?).

Back