Genshiken II Manga Announced

MaxonTreik

Chuunibyou
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... um=twitter

The November issue of Kodansha's Monthly Afternoon magazine is announcing this week that the Genshiken manga will return as Genshiken Nidaime (Genshiken II/The Society for the Study of Modern Visual Culture II). In the story, club president Ogiue tries to hang onto the new students, and the cross-dressing boy Hato also appears.

The first manga series followed the lives of the otaku in the college club Genshiken (The Society for the Study of Modern Visual Culture). Over 3 million copies of the manga's compiled book volumes have been published. Del Rey published the first manga series as well as the Kujibiki Unbalance spinoff in North America. Media Blasters licensed the two Genshiken television anime series, the Genshiken videos, and the Kujibiki Unbalance anime.

I'm very sceptical, but

"In the story, club president Ogiue tries to hang onto the new students, and the cross-dressing boy Hato also appears."

Just sounds too good.

Says it's returning for a limited time only, so I guess maybe enough to fill out a tank including the special from earlier in the year.

ilmaestro said:
Says it's returning for a limited time only, so I guess maybe enough to fill out a tank including the special from earlier in the year.
That would be fine with me. I don't think much can be done with the new members unless there's some sort of plan to flesh them out.

However, Genshiken isn't Genshiken without Madarame.

Maxon said:
ilmaestro said:
That would be fine with me. I don't think much can be done with the new members unless there's some sort of plan to flesh them out.

However, Genshiken isn't Genshiken without Madarame.
Couldn't agree more, need to get him in there in some capacity.

Back