Funimation Offers 30+ Anime for UK Streaming Including GANTZ, Kingdom Seasons 1 & 2, Scrapped Princess, Valkyrie Drive: Mermaid & More

So for those who like some additional notes, here's what I have gathered from this.

Group A - Titles that belonged to Aniplex of America. No real surprise here since most of these Aniplex has had UK rights from the start but never really used them for Funimation's service. The big surprises however are Mekakucity Actors and World Conquest Zvezda Plot because both were streaming exclusively through Animax UK and were never made available on other platforms including Crunchyroll for the UK & Ireland (they were for other regions).

Group B - Kadokawa Pictures. These are pretty much a combination of titles that Funimation have had UK rights for ages but just sat on them. Another noteworthy addition is The Mystic Archives of Dantalian which was also streaming exclusively through Anime on Demand and Animax UK.

Group C - GONZO. This one has me the most curious because I am pretty confident many of these titles from Funimation did not include UK rights especially with Gantz as we knew that MVM have had the rights for ages until recently. I assume what's happened is that Funimation probably acquired a streaming rights bundle from GONZO for the UK & IE, or perhaps they are actually going to re-release Gantz in the UK who knows.

Group D - Others. The rest are pretty much oddities but I can assume they fit into the category of "they have had UK & IE rights but just sat on them" which fits the bill for Kingdom Seasons 1 & 2.

Hopefully a second big batch of catalogue titles occurs again in the future since there are still many older titles that need to be made available for streaming, especially from the Animax & Anime on Demand days with C Control, Daimidaler: Prince vs Penguin Empire (Kadokawa), Date A Live Seasons 1 & 2 (Kadokawa), Maken-Ki (Kadokawa), Nisekoi (Aniplex), Ping Pong the Animation, Riddle Story of Devil (Kadokawa), Selector Infected WIXOSS, and Steins;Gate (Kadokawa) still unavailable on Funimation's service.

Back