Funimation Now Joins Amazon Prime Video Channels

So this is just a convenience for anyone who happens to already be subbed to both?

I don't even understand why you'd want to suffer Prime's interface to get to the Funimation stuff even if you were.

So this is just a convenience for anyone who happens to already be subbed to both?

I don't even understand why you'd want to suffer Prime's interface to get to the Funimation stuff even if you were.
No benefit whatsoever. Your existing Funi Now sub doesn't work and with no 12 month sub option it makes it more expensive too.

No benefit whatsoever. Your existing Funi Now sub doesn't work and with no 12 month sub option it makes it more expensive too.
Only difference is that it uses Amazon's video player and thus, will have offline downloading.

Ultimately, this is more of a new revenue stream for Funimation - a way for them to get subscribers from Amazon Prime's userbase, rather than a benefit for people already subscribed to Funimation Now's individual app.

If it had subs I would but I can’t find any.
According to Amazon's press release, it should have both subtitled and English dubbed content. It could just be a case that they're listed separately, like how Your Name has different listings for both versions.

EDIT: Just quickly glanced and I can't find them myself? Might be worth flagging.

Last edited:
Yeah, I was about to say, looks like it's a title-by-title basis. I can see split language listings for Yona of the Dawn, but not for say, Re:Zero or Yuri Kuma Arashi.

If you already have Amazon Prime and want to spend £5/PM to watch Funimation titles, I'd still choose Funimation Now

Not because of Amazons player, but because its near impossible to find anything on Amazon unless you know what you want

Back