FUNimation get their hands on BECK

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
In addition to yesterday's annoucement, FUNimation have finally confirmed that they have licensed acclaimed music-drama BECK for US DVD release.

Also, ADV US have licensed mecha series Jinki:Extend.

Paul said:
BECK is a great show, especially if you're into rock music! :)
Which is precisely why I'm really happy about this bit of news - I've heard good things about this one. Can't wait for the DVD release!

I'm into rock music but I don't like BECK, I do know a few people who will be happy about this news though so good for them. :)

It's about time they announced this. It has been one of the worst kept secrets int eh anime industry for the past 6 months or so...

Good to see them confirm it at last :).

Another day, another great license from Funi, officially the company with the deepest pockets in all animedom. ;)

BECK's a fantastic series, the production values may not be quite up to snuff, but for that pure 'feel good' factor nothing else even comes close.

Its about damn time they officially announced it, its one of my favourite shows and I cant wait to have it on dvd, I cant wait to see how they handle the dub too, its going to be hilarious!

Reading into the panel reports it sounds like the hold-up on BECK was the licencing. Each one of the songs in it (and there are a bloody lot of them) would have to be licenced pretty much individually for a release, which naturally would equate to a fair amount of time. Hopefully they haven't let any of them slip through their fingers.

The appointment of a "music director" for the show probably means they intend to redub many of the songs, which could be quite horific if done particularly badly. Of course it could easily work quite well; FUNimation have done some fairly hit-and-miss song dubs in their time. I will look forward to hearing more from this in the future.

Hopefully all of the songs are in tact, but if the new songs are on the japanese language track instead of the original japanese songs then Im boycotting the release, I refuse to buy it if thats the case.

Back