Forgotten About Animes

lol welp I bet if I name some yous are gunna b lyk omg I remember thaaat! hehehe I just created this topic to discuss animes which have lost their shine, so I just wanted to blow the dust off those sorta animes...

Remeeember Medabots!! lol that show was real cool man!!

Shinzo!! That anime was also quite cool

Monster Rancher was legendary

anyone got animes that people have forgotten?

I used to like Monster rancher. Of course the selection of anime i had at the time was Sailor Moon, Pokemon, Digimon, Escaflowne and Monster rancher, and I found at least something to like in all of them, though of the kiddy anime, Digimon i think was my fave. (though Escaflowne was the best of the bunch overall)

God it was an awful anime industry in 2001 :roll:

Monster Ranch intro is just like the Yu-Gi-Oh intro.

M-M-M-M-M-M-M-Monsters Rule.
It's time to D-D-D-D-D-D-D-DUEL!

Don't knock the anime industry of 2001, it's what started it all and gave people a road to watching much better series, basicly a starting point. D;

You've all been watching too much Fox Kids/Jettix... XD
All the above shows were at one time shown on that channel.

What about Transformers? My bro was totally into it.
I know they've got these newer series, Amada/Energon etc. But I found them horrible! At least I can 1/2 appreciate the classics.
Would you consider that dead too?

I've tried to watch Transformers, but I never found it very inviting, maybe its just me lol yeah come to think of it, all the shows were on fox kids, there was Pokemon over on Sky one, but it just goes to show where most of the other animes I'd get into while I wasn't watching the legendary DBZ on Cartoon Network, hehe Fox Kids had a good variety of Animes....

Medabots, Monster Rancher, Shinzo, Escaflowne, Digimon and Technoman was on Fox Kids as well I remember! hehe Sci Fi had Eva and Nadesico, lol wow, Technoman.... hehe haven't heard that in a while.... haven't seen that in an even longer while.... Fox Kids ruled back then!

all i can say is that Medabots FTW! that show was too cool, the animation was super and was very interesting, and i liked the dub (which is vbery rare comming from me)
i just wish there were some uncut dvd's or someplace to download fansub version of this as i have looked everywhere to get some medabot (or medarot as i think that is what it is called in japan) action.

Hovis! said:
Orguss 02. Fantastic mini-series. Its aged very well in all departments too.

Very true, my favorite single mecha series. I SOOOOOO want to watch the origional Orguss series, but only found one place with fansubs and that was long since dead :(

Another one is Wings of Honiasime. I used to adore watching it on the sci fi channel midnight shows, but it has yet to resurface on dvd yet.

chaos-unleashed said:
AD Police certainly rings a bell hehehe

I love that! ^^ still have the DVD

I remember Monster Rancher and Medabots they were cool and i used to race home from school to watch Card Captor on CITV lol

Detonator Orgun really struck a chord with me when I saw it many years ago. Of the somewhat random OAVs and fillers that Manga UK licensed, this was one of the best, in my opinion.

At some point I really would like to get round to buying the R1 as, like some many Manga UK releases, our version is little more than a shoddy VHS repackage/transfer.

Despite the numerous bad things I could say about Manga UK I must admit I really miss their 'What's the weird stuff? Let's release it!' approach.

IIRC, The Dark Myth was quite good as well.

Vandread, no one seems to talk about it, it's a great series, of of the better GONZO ones. It shares some sinilarities with Nadesico, but is still its own animal.

Back