Forbidden Kingdom - Chan & Li

McIcy

Mushi-shi
Forbidden Kingdom

Jackie Chan and Jet Li together in a martial arts film

Synopsis

A 21st Century American teenager takes a spellbinding, dangerous journey into martial arts legend in the new action/adventure epic FORBIDDEN KINGDOM. Shot on location in China, THE FORBIDDEN KINGDOM marks the historic first-ever onscreen pairing of martial arts superstars Jackie Chan (RUSH HOUR, DRUNKEN MASTER) and Jet Li (FEARLESS, ONCE UPON A TIME IN CHINA), and features the awe-inspiring action choreography of Wo Ping (THE MATRIX, CROUCHING TIGER HIDDEN DRAGON). While hunting down bootleg kung-fu DVDs in a Chinatown pawnshop, Jason (played by Michael Angarano - “24â€

Sounds good but it could go down hill if they try to play it too much as a comedy. Sounds a bit like A Spaceman in King Arthur's Court meets Karate Kid.

Chan himself said it's Americanised crap and the action is toned down. I have to say, it put me off.
Chan has been known to be blase about his Hollywood work. He said in a 2005 interview with The Associated Press that he uses the high salary he earns in the U.S. to fund Chinese-language projects that truly interest him.
Right way to go about it I say.

Exactly taking the money he earns doing standard pro-US work and then investing it in projects he actually has a real interest in, the guy rocks

Hmm, I'm at college at the moment and so the trailer won't work, though it does sound impressive. Not that I'm complaining but I'm sure I remember Jet Li saying "Fearless" would be his last Martial-art movie o_O.

Can't wait to see this , although I might check it out when I am in the US next week if its still on, really hoping to see more from Chan as I love his style of films

Should be a good film, little miffed that it won't be a more adult kung fu style movie as it seems like it will be aimed more at kids due to the typical american 'oh no i've been sent back in time an im a nerd but at the end of the movie i'll kick ass!' angle

Back