FlashForward

Jaymii

Baka Ranger
I've been planning on watching this for a while and just thought I'd start the thread (since others have about new seasons) and to hopefully create some buzz for the show on AUKN.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oVVG4hTtzlI&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oVVG4hTtzlI&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

It's been compared to Lost in more ways than one, and its not a secret that the US channel ABC want it to be their next big hit critical hit once Lost ends next year. Got David S. Goyer writing and Dominic Monaghan starring as well.

Starts next Monday on FIVE @ 9:00PM.

It sounds like a great show, and unlike lost they know where they will be going with it. Nice to see Five getting a US series nice and quickly. We see it a few days before the first episode airs statesside.

I swore after LOST I would never get suckered into watching another American drama series that gets dragged out until you stop caring... but that does look interesting. I'll check it out and when we're 4 seasons in and it's just become frustrating i'll blame you Jayme. :)

Just watched the first episode out of curiosity, it was actually better than I expected, too bad Channel Five's constant adverts disrupted the flow a little. Can't say I have any idea what caused it.

... Why is Seth McFarlane in this?

Seth MacFarlane was a distraction, but I've seen him do guest spots a few times and I'll give credit where credit is due.

I loved the first episode. It took about 15 minutes to get going for me, then once the Flash happened I was sucked in. I want to know where its going to go and I have to whip out my patience once again. I haven't had that feeling since Lost Season 1. I also loved the Oceanic Airlines bilboard behind New Sulu and the other guy.

After watching the first episode, I'm strill not sure about this series it has a lot of promise as long as it doesn't go stupid like lost did.

I haven't seen the latest episode but I'm so indifferent to the show now. They don't give enough screentime to the more interesting characters (the one the hobbit plays). I don't care about the soapy melodrama, they never gave me a reason to care. Joseph Finnes is a terrible lead. It's literally a show where nothing even the tiniest bit interesting happens till the last three minutes.

More than anything I'm disappointed in David Goyer, but there have been some shake-ups with the showrunners and execs by ABC last month so I wouldn't be too surprised if it got better towards the end of the season. Probably too late, though. Doubtful it'll make it to another season.

Hobbit dude is involved in ep 10 a lot more, was a fun ep but perhaps a little *too* crazy. I'm still quite enjoying it, either way, will be sad not to see the end of the story.

There's an definite ending in the bag I think. ABC upped the order to 25 episodes a while back but if it continues dropping, I don't think it'll make it to next season. If it only get 25 episodes, give it five years and it'll be cult.

Also, I forgot to mention John Cho was also the shows other saving grace. His character had potential, but they seem to written him into the ground. I do enjoy most the scenes he's in, though.

Err.. I saw the reviews of the two-parter, then saw the ratings, then I gave up on it. If it gets genuinely good and becomes respected from critics I like, I might give it a go, but as of right now, no. It's not like it'll have enough time to redeem itself anyway. I hope V is enjoyable.

Soubi-Hurt said:
I hate this sort of Telly Programme.
Elaborate, please? What sort?

Jayme said:
Err.. I saw the reviews of the two-parter, then saw the ratings, then I gave up on it. If it gets genuinely good and becomes respected from critics I like, I might give it a go, but as of right now, no. It's not like it'll have enough time to redeem itself anyway. I hope V is enjoyable.

Soubi-Hurt said:
I hate this sort of Telly Programme.
Elaborate, please? What sort?

Very American and endless episodes of annoyance with not much going on.

its up there with Ricky Gervais on the Scale of Agony.

I actually concur, but its not exactly a "type" of show. This wanted to be a sci-fi drama, failed at that, couldn't understand what makes a soap good so failed at that as well. Patience is also key for some good storytelling. You don't get all the answers in chapter one. Unfortunately, this is not good storytelling.

Oh, and Gervais is pretty cool sometimes.

(I'm fully aware I'm being ignorant of its latest episodes.)

Back