Fightstar the anime fans?

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
Hot on the heels of Franz Ferdinand's song "Do You Want To?" being used as the ending theme for the Paradise Kiss anime series (currently unreleased outside of Japan), Kerrang! magazine is reporting that high profile UK rock band Fightstar's new album "Grand Unification" will be based on concepts from Neon Genesis Evangelion (including the album art work and promo videos). Seemingly proving their commitment to anime, a distributed rough cut of their latest music video "Grand Unification Prt1" contains spliced footage from Dragonball Z.

Before anyone says it, yes, Fightstar the band formed by a former member of boy-band Busted. I don't particularly care; as long as the music is honest, I'm willing to listen. Their support of, or perhaps more specifically homage to anime is another welcome sign that anime is filtering through to the masses over here. Good on them.

I really like Fightstar, I've been to see them live, and was planning on getting the album anyway, so for me this is great news, eventhough I'm not much of an Eva fan. Great to see anime getting any attention in mainstream entertainment, even if it's because of a widely hated screamo/pop band.

Gah gah! I just thought. They'd probably write a song for the Evangelion movie called 'Evangelions Are Go!". ;___;

i've heard one or two of Fightstar's songs and they aren't half bad tbh - just because the guy used to be in Busted doesn't necessarily mean it will be bad. it will be interesting to see how their promo videos turn out actually.

as Paul pointed out it will be good publicity. the chances of them having any part in the live action film that's currently in preproduction Purgatory are quite slim though!

Paul said:
Seemingly proving their commitment to anime, a distributed rough cut of their latest music video "Grand Unification Prt1" contains spliced footage from Dragonball Z.

I'd like to see some of this... Anyone got any screenshots of this? I wonder what the song will be like and what the music video will be based upon.

WTFDaveMustaine said:
Gah gah! I just thought. They'd probably write a song for the Evangelion movie called 'Evangelions Are Go!". ;___;

Rofl! Yeah i think this is very good news, to be honest. But people who don't know about anime and like this band, probably won't question what it is when they see it on music vids etc :shock:

don't be mad plz stop the hating
just be glad that they'll be waiting
shinji's moaning stop complaining now
cause the lids about to blow when those evangelions go

or worse yet

I asked you to pilot the eva BUT U SAID NO!!

lol

i dunno i quite like the song

i wanna watch this video of theirs though

I've never even heard of Fightstar before now, i'm completely out of it when it comes to popular, or not so popular music. I don't think i could ever be a fan of them if they contain a member of Busted, but i still think this is pretty interesting, i would like to see that music video, and i think it can't be anything but good press to have famous backing for anime

Paul said:
Seemingly proving their commitment to anime, a distributed rough cut of their latest music video "Grand Unification Prt1" contains spliced footage from Dragonball Z.

I'd really like to check that out... big DBZ fan myself.

EDIT: Just found the version with the DBZ clips in it and, to be perfectly honest, it looks fan-made.. :?

I quite like Fightstar, its just a shame that they get alot of bad attenbtion cuz one of them used to be in some crappy band. Fightstar are good, give them a chance.

Back