Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Faye Valentine

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok... I admit, that was a sweet ending to that scene... XD
But I still voted for Motoko... sorry.

I voted for Faye. In a clash of two strong personalities, I just like her more. Faye is very much insecure and human, while Motoko is basically perfect and unruffled all the time.

Paul said:
I voted for Faye. In a clash of two strong personalities, I just like her more. Faye is very much insecure and human, while Motoko is basically perfect and unruffled all the time.

Woah woah woah...Paul voting for someone i lik?!?

I think hell just froze over, ice skating anyone?

Paul said:
while Motoko is basically perfect and unruffled all the time.
I think that's highly false, she has a lot of baggage that she tries to hide with a tough exterior. Her vunerable side starts to break out more and more throughout the second gig despite how much she attempts to cover it up.

WTFDaveMustaine said:
Paul said:
while Motoko is basically perfect and unruffled all the time.
I think that's highly false, she has a lot of baggage that she tries to hide with a tough exterior. Her vunerable side starts to break out more and more throughout the second gig despite how much she attempts to cover it up.

I don't deny that (I've only seen the first few episodes of 2nd GIG anyway), it's just that Faye is more of an open, bleeding heart. Through out Bebop she's probably the most fleshed out, emotive character, hiding her insecurity and loneliness under a veneer of what first appears to be arrogance. Motoko's struggles don't strike such a chord with me.

Paul said:
Faye is very much insecure and human, while Motoko is basically perfect and unruffled all the time.
As much as I dislike the original movie, the entire thing is basically about Motoko's insecurity in her humanity. To me, Faye was just the annoying bimbo character, her troubled past the subject of a tiny bit of story filler. She has nothing on the Motoko of Stand Alone Complex certainly. Also, for all her skimpy outfits and obvious fanservice, Motoko still seems like a decent female role. A woman who takes no **** and just gets things done. Faye just seems the same old to me...

kupoartist said:
Faye just seems the same old to me...
As much as I like Bebop I gotta agree.

Episode 11 of the 2nd Gig was a beautifully executed look into Motoko's backstory and also my favourite episode of both seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back