Eureka Seven AO

Nemphtis

Hunter
I did a quick search and couldn't find a dedicated topic on this so I've decided to start one. How are you guys finding this sequel thus far? I've seen up to episode thirteen and things are really starting to get interesting in terms of how the previous series will connect to this one. Ao seems more mature than Renton was in the original, and I quite like the characters except maybe Truth for seeming a little too corny at times.

Judging by episode thirteen and maybe even certain scenes from previous episodes, do you think I would be right in assuming that Truth is one of the Secrets? When he's fighting on top of the Gekko Go his arm looks just like the Secrets do. Perhaps he is a Secret they attempted to destroy in the past but failed, or at least one with better awareness/power to be roaming around everywhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish I could support a UK simulcast for this series, which is a shame since I would imagine it would take two years until maybe we will see a physical release here, anyway that's my depressing comment out the way

You know that flashback when that Secret is attacking Eureka/Nirvash while we see her trying to take out the Quartz, I think that is Truth, I don't know how he got his physical apperence yet but I think it all leads to Naru in some way.

I've really enjoyed Eureka Seven AO so far (although I can see fans of the origional disagreeing with me), I like the new cast, although I do agree Truth is a bad villian so far, the main ones at least get some character development early on meaning the story can start to go into interesting places.

The past three episode have been pretty damn fantastic and I hope the second half can continue to build on that, i'm excited every week and I don't say that to a lot of anime i've watched recently.

All the series needs to do now is a Renton reunion, not a normal one - an epic, family, **** YEA one

Reevothemusefan said:
I wish I could support a UK simulcast for this series, which is a shame since I would imagine it would take two years until maybe we will see a physical release here, anyway that's my depressing comment out the way

I was going to start a discussion about this kind of thing. Distributors complain about poor UK sales and piracy, but even the music industry does more than the anime industry when it comes to providing legal routes for fans to acquire products quickly and at a fair price (eg. iTunes, Spotify).

Reevothemusefan said:
You know that flashback when that Secret is attacking Eureka/Nirvash while we see her trying to take out the Quartz, I think that is Truth, I don't know how he got his physical apperence yet but I think it all leads to Naru in some way.

Now that I think about the flashback, it does resemble Truth based on what we've seen of its Secret form. It seems clear that Truth has some kind of history with Eureka, Ao and Naru so the flashback in which they all made an appearance really supports that.

Reevothemusefan said:
I've really enjoyed Eureka Seven AO so far (although I can see fans of the origional disagreeing with me), I like the new cast, although I do agree Truth is a bad villian so far, the main ones at least get some character development early on meaning the story can start to go into interesting places.

The past three episode have been pretty damn fantastic and I hope the second half can continue to build on that, i'm excited every week and I don't say that to a lot of anime i've watched recently.

I'm personally really enjoying it too even though I've had random strangers on Twitter ask me if I'm retarded or if I've even seen the original series, which I have. Saying I really like Eureka Seven AO does not mean I think it's totally better than the original and people need to understand that AO is not going to be another fifty episode series so they need to be more selective about which elements they flesh out. I feel that the fact that they have less episodes to work with is ultimately going to disappoint all of the people who have already decided that the original was way more awesome and this one is crap.

The soundtrack for AO is simply awesome by the way.

When Renton does make an appearance, I bet he'll be back as a total experienced badass unlike his old self. Also, I'm curious how they're going to explain this time travel thing where the current Eureka is pregnant with Ao…just what the hell man?

Back