E's Otherwise?

Miaka-chan

Stand User
Has anyone seen this one?
It sounds really good but it's hard to gauge an anime just from a 1 sentence write up on ADV!
It says by the people behind Gensoumaden Saiyuki, does anyone know if that's just referring to the studio or the creator?

Your help is greatly appreciated :D

I haven't seen it myself, but coincidentally enough I happened to read a review of DVD #1 on Anime News Network (here) yesterday. Apparently it's one of those shows that looks good but lacks real substance or originality, although maybe it picks up after the first few episodes.

I've seen episode 1 on the free DVD in the last issue of Newtype USA. The visuals were nice, but from just one episode you could see a whole lot of cliques developing, like the disillusioned hero, weak sibling, female love interest, rival and the villain that masquerades as a normal guy. It might be worth checking out to see how it develops.

Saikyuki was produced in part by Studio Pierrot, as was E's Otherwise. That's the only link I can find. Pierrot have had a hand in such titles as Bleach, Naruto, Yu Yu Hakusho, Porco Rosso and GTO.

Thanks for the help everyone!
I'm still uncertain about this one, it looks really good, although from the reviews I have now seen, it would appear to have an ending much like Spiral, in as much as it doesn't have a real ending and leaves questions unanswered. I might take the risk though, as many people have said it has hints of the X Men, which interested me :D

Ive seen this in fansub and its a really nice anime with alot of action in it. This seire reminds me alot of S-CRY-ed so if you liked this seire i would recommend it.

valha said:
Ive seen this in fansub and its a really nice anime with alot of action in it. This seire reminds me alot of S-CRY-ed so if you liked this seire i would recommend it.

Thanks!
I have Scryed, I've had it for about 7 months! but I just haven't been in the mood to watch it, so maybe I'll watch it first, then if I enjoy it get E's Otherwise :lol:
Can you tell me, does it have a naff ending? or is it one of those up-in-the-air endings that you can happily live with?

Back