Ello Ello!

tinykatt

Hikikomori
Hi there! I'm Tinykatt and i'm just getting my teeth into Anime (well as much as possible in the UK with no other friends that enjoy Anime!)

My Fav series so far:

Cowboy Beebop
Hack//Sign
Outlaw Star
Neon Genisis Evangelion

Plus the usual Films (incl. Manga):

Akira
Ghost in the Shell
Rev Girl Utena
Cowboy Beebop Movie
The Castle of Cagliostro (Lupin the 3rd film)
Spirited Away
Princess Mononoke
Appleseed
X
etc. etc.

But i'm also a big Asian Film fan as well as manga comics so it's costing me a lot of money to keep up with my anime and film needs as the only way I have found to see them is to buy them all from the net + a region free DVD player!

Any hoo, thats me! So Hello to all of you! :)

Hey. Welcome to the forums. I keep hearing about how great .hack//SIGN is but I'm yet to give it a chance. What makes it so good?

I'm a big fan of general Asian films too. If you enjoy a good action story, Asia is pretty much the only place worth looking. Seen many Takashi Miike movies?

Hi Tinykatt, welcome to the forums. It seems your taste in anime is quite similar to mine.

But i'm also a big Asian Film fan

I’m starting to enjoy Asian films a lot more now - particularly Martial Arts.
I recently watched the excellent House of the Flying Daggers with Zhang Zi Yi (I just had to watch it after seeing Hero).

(well as much as possible in the UK with no other friends that enjoy Anime!)

Sadly I know what you mean. Out of my whole College, apart from the Japanese students, Im a one-man-band-anime fan.
:)

Paul said:
Hey. Welcome to the forums. I keep hearing about how great .hack//SIGN is but I'm yet to give it a chance. What makes it so good?

Thank you! I got in to Hack quite simply because I bought the 1st game and wanted to get to know the whole world of Hack. I'm not sure if you know about it but it starts (from what I gather) with Hack//SIGN the anime (the begining of the story), then the games (during the anime), then hack//TWILIGHT (some years after) and some where in there fits the books (which I think are all set in thea 'real' world). I like the story as it is all set in 'The World' which is like a real time rpg, so in the Anime you watch the main charactor roam the World and figure out why he's there and why he has some special powers. In the game you are a game player playing in the World. I think this could get very addictive!

Paul said:
I'm a big fan of general Asian films too. If you enjoy a good action story, Asia is pretty much the only place worth looking. Seen many Takashi Miike movies?

I have seen a lot of Takashi films including Miike ones. I use MSN DVD rental to get my weekly fix delivered to my door! Which one is your favorite? My fav has to be Happiness Of The Katakuris as it is sooo halrious. (Miike does musical!)

Jamie said:
Sadly I know what you mean. Out of my whole College, apart from the Japanese students, Im a one-man-band-anime fan.

Thanks Jamie for letting me know that I am not the only lonely fan! I haven't seen Hero yet but I will do very soon! I recomend that you watch the Stormrider Triology of films, A man Called Hero from the trilogy is especially great!

Back