Early review: Stand Alone Complex #3

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
I've reviewed Manga Ent.'s Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex #3- out in the UK this coming Monday.<ul><span class="menu">"It's not often that a series as good as Stand Alone Complex appears. It's an enthralling combination of music, action and philosophy, set in a neon-tinted cyber punk future and populated by a group of interesting, nigh-on compelling characters. Without wanting to hyper-bole this show to death, it's quite frankly a pleasure to watch an anime series as well rounded as this and if you aren't watching Stand Alone Complex already, why "the hell" not?"</span></ul><a href="http://www.animeuknews.net/viewreview.php?showreview=111">Read full review.</a>

Another great volume , I am loving this series as much as Last Exile right now . I felt this entire volume had a creepier vibe to it than previous ones , and although it wasnt as action packed , it still was brilliant. The serial killer episode and the episode with Togusa undercover were particularly unsettling.

The serial killer episode was chilling. The way it was handled was the worst part; we are left to our imagination as we hear these people being skinned alive. Such a kicker that this psycho "hacked" his victims eyes so they were forced to watch themselves being cut up. This really is a great series.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eclectic said:
Yes I agree! Lets hope the 2nd Gig comes to the uk , I can't get enough Ghost in the shell!

I'm sure itll follow fairly soon after the first gig has finished. The series is doing very well sales wise it seems.

Yeah and with it announced for a September release in the US, although the exact date hasn't been set last i heard, it may only be a month or two between the two seasons this side of the pond

Back