EA no longer distributing through GAME after SSX + Nintendo?

ConanThe3rd said:
ayase said:
ConanThe3rd said:
Ryo Chan said:
ConanThe3rd said:
Game/station are on the out and I'd be very surprised if we had them as they are in the next six months. They're ether going to be GameStops or they're going to be vacant lots.

Or worse, big profitable retail chains employing free staff paid for by the government with tax money.
fixed for ya
I'd be inclined to agree (what with Charity stores providing no economical benefit to the greater system) but at least Charity stores vaguely threaten to be of use. Clothes stores are about as much use as a chocolate tea pot that's already on fire.
You're all behind the times. Why have people working for nothing for charity when you can have them working for nothing for a for-profit company?
Because then David Cameron will be mur-

Wait, that doesn't sound too bad, actually

I concur! He is the worst PM we've ever had.

Mutsumi said:
ConanThe3rd said:

...until the next one. Seriously though, he's only been in the job two years. Hardly enough time to do as much damage as Thatcher or Blair.

ayase said:
Mutsumi said:
ConanThe3rd said:

...until the next one. Seriously though, he's only been in the job two years. Hardly enough time to do as much damage as Thatcher or Blair.
Two years was plenty for that One Eye'd Twat to do about 90% of the damage.

In any case, CEX opened in glasgow, it's really nice, would totaly do business there again.

ConanThe3rd said:
ayase said:
Mutsumi said:
ConanThe3rd said:

In any case, CEX opened in glasgow, it's really nice, would totaly do business there again.
If you can name any of the negative decisions Gordon "Patsy" Brown made while he was in office then be my guest... Hell, if you can name anything he did while in office be my guest. He was useful to the Labour party because they knew they were going to lose the next election and it meant neither Blair nor the Brothers Miliband would be tarnished by that defeat. That the banking crisis happened in that three year window (and was also able to be blamed on him) was just an added bonus. Anyway... heading off topic again but politics'll do that.

New CEX huh? Enjoy it while the queues are navigable inside half an hour.

ayase said:
ConanThe3rd said:
ayase said:
Mutsumi said:
ConanThe3rd said:

If you can name any of the negative decisions Gordon "Patsy" Brown made while he was in office then be my guest... Hell, if you can name anything he did while in office be my guest. He was useful to the Labour party because they knew they were going to lose the next election and it meant neither Blair nor the Brothers Miliband would be tarnished by that defeat. That the banking crisis happened in that three year window (and was also able to be blamed on him) was just an added bonus. Anyway... heading off topic again but politics'll do that.

Concur! Brown took the fall for the financial crisis, but he did not create it.

Mutsumi said:
ayase said:
ConanThe3rd said:
ayase said:
Mutsumi said:
ConanThe3rd said:

Concur! Brown took the fall for the financial crisis, but he did not create it.
He WAS Treasurer during that window, so yeah, one way or another he made that mess. He made that mess good.

Since everyone seemed to be under the illusion that the economy could magically grow forever (and since New Labour proved to be just Tories painted red anyway) I doubt the last fifteen years of economic policy would have looked much different under any of the other parties. I don't think it had occurred to any chancellor before now that banks would be so daft as to make huge amounts of credit so easily available to so many people. The only way we're getting out of this now is if someone has the guts to tell everyone their houses are really only worth about half what they paid for them, simply due to the fact that for several years £300k mortgages were about as easy to obtain as a Tesco Clubcard. That's what caused it all.

"How much for that sandwich Martha Middle-Income?"
"Fifty quid Larry Low-Wage."
"That's a bit steep isn't it?"
"Well, if you think you can find a sandwich this nice anywhere else be my guest..."
"Well it is a very nice looking sandwich. Banker Bob, lend me fifty quid to buy this sandwich."
"If you give me 50p a day for the rest of your life."
"Deal."

"Whoops, I only earn 65p a day. I hope inflation arising from, say, a constant rise in the cost of sandwiches doesn't affect my ability to pay Bob back."
"Who wants to buy my sandwich for seventy-five quid?"

What Gordon "Patsy" Brown did as Chancellor,

Selling gold for peanuts,
Between 1999 and 2002 Brown sold 60% of the UK's gold reserves shortly before gold entered a protracted bull market, since nicknamed by dealers as Brown Bottom. The official reason for selling the gold reserves was to reduce the portfolio risk of the UK's reserves by diversifying away from gold. The UK eventually sold about 395 tons of gold over 17 auctions from July 1999 to March 2002, at an average price of about US$275 per ounce, raising approximately US$3.5 billion. By 2011, that quantity of gold would be worth over $19 billion, leading to Brown's decision to sell the gold being widely criticise

making the poorest people poorer through tax changes,
In 1999, he introduced a lower tax band of 10%. He abolished this 10% tax band in his last budget in 2007 to reduce the basic rate from 22% to 20%, increasing tax for 5 million people and, according to the calculations of the Institute for Fiscal Studies, leaving those earning between £5,000 and £18,000 as the biggest losers. According to the OECD UK taxation has increased from a 39.3% share of gross domestic product in 1997 to 42.4% in 2006, going to a higher level than Germany. This increase has mainly been attributed to active government policy, and not simply to the growing economy. Conservatives have accused Brown of imposing "stealth taxes". A commonly reported example resulted in 1997 from a technical change in the way corporation tax is collected, the indirect effect of which was for the dividends on stock investments held within pensions to be taxed, thus lowering pension returns and contributing to the demise of most of the final salary pension funds in the UK

Both quotes are from Wikipedia.

mangaman74 said:

Between 1999 and 2002 Brown sold 60% of the UK's gold reserves shortly before gold entered a protracted bull market, since nicknamed by dealers as Brown Bottom. The official reason for selling the gold reserves was to reduce the portfolio risk of the UK's reserves by diversifying away from gold. The UK eventually sold about 395 tons of gold over 17 auctions from July 1999 to March 2002, at an average price of about US$275 per ounce, raising approximately US$3.5 billion. By 2011, that quantity of gold would be worth over $19 billion, leading to Brown's decision to sell the gold being widely criticise

In 1999, he introduced a lower tax band of 10%. He abolished this 10% tax band in his last budget in 2007 to reduce the basic rate from 22% to 20%, increasing tax for 5 million people and, according to the calculations of the Institute for Fiscal Studies, leaving those earning between £5,000 and £18,000 as the biggest losers. According to the OECD UK taxation has increased from a 39.3% share of gross domestic product in 1997 to 42.4% in 2006, going to a higher level than Germany. This increase has mainly been attributed to active government policy, and not simply to the growing economy. Conservatives have accused Brown of imposing "stealth taxes". A commonly reported example resulted in 1997 from a technical change in the way corporation tax is collected, the indirect effect of which was for the dividends on stock investments held within pensions to be taxed, thus lowering pension returns and contributing to the demise of most of the final salary pension funds in the UK

both examples of bad moves he made. Neither implicate him in the current financial crisis, for which the banks are to blame.

They're dead. Other retailers aren't being kind either. Window displays ALL OVER total entertainment saying "Pre-order ME3 here, not available at game!" They're being taken advantage of and this continuing decline is likely to spell the end for them.

Mutsumi said:
mangaman74 said:

both examples of bad moves he made. Neither implicate him in the current financial crisis, for which the banks are to blame.
Exactly. I won't argue against those points because thet's not really the discussion at hand (we could reel off lists of positive and negative things he did as chancellor, and all would be dependant on our POV) nor did I say he was a good PM or Chancellor - For the record I think he was largely a competent Chancellor but a distinctly mediocre PM. I was simply refuting Conan's assertion the Brown caused significant damage to the country in the three years he was in the top job. Anyone and everyone who had been in power at that moment would have propped up the banks, not doing so would have utterly destroyed the economy (while I do quite enjoy Schadenfreude and did somewhat wish for that to happen, I understand I'm in a fairly small minority there).

And that's them not getting Capcom's titles now with Street Fighter X Tekken and Ashura's Wrath off the table. (e;fb)

So at least they'll spare a few kids the horror of Fat Megaman in their death throws, if nothing else.

In fact, the only noteworthy title they have to their name for march is MGS 3: Snake Eater 3D and that's not helped by it being available in a number of other ways.

NEWS: A bit different, but get to GAME and Gamestation when you can. Myself and Maxon just took a wander round and all pre-owned titles are cheap as hell. Some games are going as low as 48p, PS2 titles are on Buy one get one free, consoles are even down in price. We saw the Wii down to £39 and the PS3 down to £99. So yeah, a good time to get round and pick up the deals as you see them

Back