Download Limit Exceeded... For the loose

Taylor

Vampire Ninja
Yesterday i finaly exceeded my limit for my internet per month. Although it gets reset tonight its still frustrating having to wait about 4 minutes for the AUKN site to load properly and then clicking on a link takes another 4 minutes...
Geuss i will have to go out today with some mates...
*Looks out window and hisses at the sun!*

Ahhh a kindred soul! I went over mine...twice but instead of just suspending the internet or fining me the clever souls over at wanadoo cancelled my account.

No worries though, i've found a ISP with unlimited downloads and free phone calls for the same price i was getting for a 40gb download limit, with no phone!

I don't see how 40Gb is a "limit". You can leave your internet on for the whole month and still not exceed it. I don't do that, but I do leave it on a lot.

Jayme said:
Maxon said:
I don't see how 40Gb is a "limit". You can leave your internet on for the whole month and still not exceed it.

It really ain't that much. 100 HD Fan subs?!?!
I download a load of stuff and still never exceed it. Sure, I download DivX fansubs instead of HD, but that's more to do with hard drive space.

Jayme said:
Maxon said:
I don't see how 40Gb is a "limit". You can leave your internet on for the whole month and still not exceed it.

It really ain't that much. 100 HD Fan subs?!?!

Add in HD gametrailers, playing games online and downloading demos which are on average 1GB in size and it is very VERY easy to go over.

With that said i was only over by 6GB, not much in the grand scale of things but ah well - their loss.

I have to limit how much i watch in a day... Cause otherwise i know i will go over my limit to fast :p
Right now i have absolutely nothing to do, cant even play CS properly stupid fagging internet company haha

Taylor said:
I have to limit how much i watch in a day... Cause otherwise i know i will go over my limit to fast :p
Right now i have absolutely nothing to do, cant even play CS properly stupid fagging internet company haha

Is there any way of finding out how much you're downloading? Like some sort of "battery bar" for bandwith? I think you can programs for PCs but when it comes to console gaming its total guesswork.

I hated limits like that, Plus.net used to limit me to 30Gb and I'd usually hit by mid-month luckily you just got warning emails when you went over and only fined you if you went over three months in a row.

Liquid Skin said:
Is there any way of finding out how much you're downloading? Like some sort of "battery bar" for bandwith? I think you can programs for PCs but when it comes to console gaming its total guesswork.

Most providers provide you with how much you have used of your limit you just have to log into your account, and check through the settings or account options

I would say unlimited downloads is the way to go but even I've been suffering recently. I'm uncapped but because I use the net so much they keep dropping my bandwidth!!!! :evil:

Looks like it's time for a change. Oh, and believe me when I say don't use Onetel if your concidering it. They're a right bunch of pains in the ****!!

If you have Sky, Sky broadband have very good deals at the moment. Definately worth a look at.

:wink:

i always thought exceding your download was an urban myth.... because i download i ridiculous amount and never once have i exceded anything :S

the only thing i know about my internet connection is that its from talk talk and how to connect it :/

Liquid Skin said:
Taylor said:

If i log on the main site of my internet provider they give you a kind of graph showing how much you have used in peak and off peak times.
Even shows you what you used it on.

@McIcy

Im with plus.net now and ive only got a limit to 20g... Think i may change providers when i move house (which should be soon w00p!)

I'm with SKY, Was originally with Wanadoo (methinks) But kept on going over the limit. As far as I know, my SKY Broadband is unlimited, Woop Woop.

I'm with BT now, bloody expensive but its unlimited, includes phone and at the end of the day its not as ISP that can fob you off by saying "meh not our line, go and talk to BT about it"

Back