Disney buys Lucasfilm. Star Wars VII is on the way.

First "solid" rumour emerging for Episode VII

I’m hearing that Matthew Vaughn, the director of Kick-Ass, Stardust, Layer Cake, and X-Men: First Class, is in talks with Lucasfilm to helm Star Wars: Episode VII. My sources tell me this is the main reason he dropped out of the X-Men sequel (which Bryan Singer is now directing).

Source: AICN via Collider

20thCenturyBoy said:
First "solid" rumour emerging for Episode VII

I’m hearing that Matthew Vaughn, the director of Kick-Ass, Stardust, Layer Cake, and X-Men: First Class, is in talks with Lucasfilm to helm Star Wars: Episode VII. My sources tell me this is the main reason he dropped out of the X-Men sequel (which Bryan Singer is now directing).

Source: AICN via Collider

God, Matthew Vaughn seems to drop out of everything these days... I'd be interested to see the kind of contracts he draws up, because he dropped out of X-men 3 and now First Class 2, can this guy pick a project and stick with it?

Sparrowsabre7 said:
God, Matthew Vaughn seems to drop out of everything these days... I'd be interested to see the kind of contracts he draws up, because he dropped out of X-men 3 and now First Class 2, can this guy pick a project and stick with it?

Indeed. I think he just attaches himself to things he likes, that all clash with one another, without thinking about it and then realises he has to pick just one. Seems he's dropped out of First Class: Days of Future Past to do another adaptation of Mark Millar's; Secret Service.

Apparently it's been revealed that Michael Arndt (Little Miss Sunshine, Toy Story 3)did the "well developed treatment" for Episode VII and may write the full screenplay too.

And as I type that it's now been updated that his treatment is actually for the full new trilogy! Things are well under way it seems.

Back