Dir En Grey - Different Sense

Kurogane

Chuunibyou
New Diru single scheduled for release on the 22nd of June!

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=SFCD-86

DIR EN GREY’s official website describes the single as: “Boldness and sensitivity. Complex but straightforward. It leads you into an untrodden, chaotic terrain with a wild mixture of hard core sounds with unique melody, and drastically changing scenes. Prior to the launch of their nearly-finished original album, DIR EN GREY is now ready to release a ferocious and stimulating single, following “UROBOROS“.”

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/2011/04/dir-en ... ent-sense/

00delete1161-600x311.jpg

Mind = eviscerated

Who's looking for to it? My **** is clenched with the furies of a thousand raptures.

24gvgwk.jpg

Yeah I've been following this for a while; they tweeted it/put it on facebook a while ago. Apparently the new album is gonna be verrry different.

Did you enjoy Lotus?

I haven't really liked Dir en Grey's stuff since The Marrow of a Bone, just because I preferred the previous stuff...

Kirsty said:
I haven't really liked Dir en Grey's stuff since The Marrow of a Bone, just becaue I preferred the previous stuff...

You preferred the really early VKei stuff then? I did enjoy the Gauze album myself. MACABRE was an interesting album; a lack of standout songs disappointed me, but it did flow beautifully as an album.

Kirsty said:
I haven't really liked Dir en Grey's stuff since The Marrow of a Bone, just becaue I preferred the previous stuff...

Lolwat. All their albums were ******* shite before Marrow. I'd say Uroboros has been their greatest album to date, and Vinushka is undoubtedly the most expressive song they've ever released. Long (but not too much so), intense, a variety of emotions, epic instrumentation and passionate vocals; the whole package. It's gonna' be hard to top.

And yeah, Lotus was good.

Kurogane said:
Lolwat. All their albums were **** shite before Marrow.

!

Not into VK at all then? I would have thought Mazohyst of Decadence could be your thing [from the Gauze album]. Kyo's vocals get pretty messed up anyhow.

Kurogane said:
I'd say Uroboros has been their greatest album to date, and Vinushka is undoubtedly the most expressive song they've ever released. Long (but not too much so), intense, a variety of emotions, epic instrumentation and passionate vocals; the whole package. It's gonna' be hard to top.

And yeah, Lotus was good.

And yeah; Uroboros was probably technically their best. They were definately most creative with it; mixing far more styles in with thier sound while retaining it's dark feel (Stuck Man <3)

Also, since you weren't around I might use this thread for some mindless self-promotion here; if you liked Marrow Of A Bone album, I did covers on youtube of Agitated Screams of Maggots and Clever Sleazoid you may be interested to view!

Will you be attending the gig in August? And thoughts on the Hageshisa single last year? I liked it a lot; but prefered the re-recording of Shokubeni, personally.

Kurogane said:
Kirsty said:

Lolwat. All their albums were **** shite before Marrow

Fool of a took!

Withering to Death and Vulgar have had some of their best stuff on them. Uroboros was good (ware yami tote is a great song with a killer scream at the end) but I don't think it's something they're going to struggle to top.

Will-O'-The-Wisp said:
Kurogane said:
Kirsty said:

Lolwat. All their albums were **** shite before Marrow

Fool of a took!

Withering to Death and Vulgar have had some of their best stuff on them. Uroboros was good (ware yami tote is a great song with a killer scream at the end) but I don't think it's something they're going to struggle to top.

I'd like to point out that I've dropped a huge bollock in recognising the chronology of the albums.

I actually meant anything before VULGAR, not Marrow of a Bone. Withering to Death was actually tits (awesome). I apologise for this misunderstanding.

I personally enjoyed them more myself before they went the whole typical "metul" way, it was alright at first but got pretty old.

Lupus said:
I personally enjoyed them more myself before they went the whole typical "metul" way, it was alright at first but got pretty old.

Every fan I know is in mutual agreement that every album before Vulgar was cat ****. Real talk. Sure, there's an odd song or so that avoided the pitfall, though the majority was trash coming out of that 'new band' chasm.

Kirsty said:
I think I worded my post a bit badly anyway, but Withering to Death is a brilliant album.

Agreed.

Kurogane said:
Every fan I know is in mutual agreement that every album before Vulgar was cat ****.

Mhm, I'd be willing to debate that. I'd accept critical responce to MACABRE; that album was... different. As a big Diru fan I enjoyed it, but it rarely gets plays. But I know a lot of fans who liked Gauze a lot; and I definately rate it as a good album. But then; Gauze and MACABRE were definately at heart, visual-kei releases, so I admit that falls right into my preferences. Did you ever listen to the EP's they released? I felt Six Ugly did a nice job of mixing the Vulgar/Withering to Death era, and the earlier stuff together. Mr Newsman and Ugly were great songs.

I'll say this though; live performances of the earlier albums (Blitz 5 Days has basically everything) definately added a little bit more to the songs.

Differing opinions though, I suppose. I just hope the new album feels closer to Uroboros than Lotus/Hageshisa, because I'm not sure whether a whole album of that would get a little tired by the end. They're fantastic singles; but I'd definately like some of the genius heard in Vinushka, Stuck Man, and Gaika Chinmoku Ga Nemuru Koro shine through.

<object width="560" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y8wTU5W4-ag?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y8wTU5W4-ag?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="349" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

It's leaked; listen quick!

It's amazing <3

Kurogane said:
Lupus said:

Every fan I know is in mutual agreement that every album before Vulgar was cat ****. Real talk. Sure, there's an odd song or so that avoided the pitfall, though the majority was trash coming out of that 'new band' chasm.

Kirsty said:
I think I worded my post a bit badly anyway, but Withering to Death is a brilliant album.

Agreed.

Meh, I'm not a fan of their super blatantly VK or poppy sparkly "we made this for the chicks" songs, but Kisou was not "cat ****" and even in some of the albums before that there were a few decent tracks.

Back