Dangan Ronpa & Super Dangan Ronpa 2

ayanami

Completely Average High School Student
27414-Danganronpa.jpg

anyone else on here a fan of dangan ronpa and/or its sequel?

for those who are unfamiliar about dangan ronpa/sdr2 (full names: danganronpa kibō no gakuen to zetsubō no kōkōsei [ダンガンロンパ 希望の学園と絶望の高校生]/super danganronpa 2 sayonara zetsubō gakuen [スーパーダンガンロンパ2 さよなら絶望学園] respectively) are games by japanese developer and publisher spike and are available on PSP, iOS and android; unfortunately, the games are only available in japan and are not going to be localised in the near future (unless they suddenly change their minds!) which means it isn't available to play unless you buy a copy from online and understand japanese or wait until a fan translation is finished.

however! there have been a couple of 'let's plays' on the somethingawful forums dedicated to people to experience and 'play' the games themselves; the first one, dangan ronpa, has already been completed, whilst the sequel is still ongoing. the 'let's plays' are probably the closest thing to the game for english-speakers and images, sound clips, translations, cultural notes and videos are included in the posts which is really good! (links to the 'let's plays': dangan ronpa and sdr2)

the games have been described by the publisher as "high-speed mystery action adventure" and is similar to games like phoenix wright, 999 and rhythm games like elite beat agents. i'd also tell you the general plot but the first post on the thread tells you what you need to know about it better than i could. as with wikipedia.

i thoroughly enjoyed reading the lps and i hope you guys will too, as they're very thorough and detailed! there are lots of twists in the game and i'm quite sure i wailed in horror in some parts too (it's not the happiest game ever!). of course, it's best if you read dangan ronpa before starting with the sequel (goes without saying!) but yeah! i hope i'll have gotten some of you to enjoy this series!

i think you should give it a go! because it's so thorough, the thread is very long, not to mention the amount of theories users make between every op post (but it's best if you just use the links provided in the first post because it can get annoying sifting through the user posts) but it's still a very interesting series! u v u

Back