Crunchyroll Adds Love Hina Again, s-CRY-ed, Tetsujin 28, Fatal Fury & More Anime for UK Streaming

Excellent news. Always good to see UY become available in the UK again, even if only streaming. Now where's our Blu-rays?

Does Nuku Nuku come with the ridiculous UK dub? I really hope so.

Excellent news. Always good to see UY become available in the UK again, even if only streaming. Now where's our Blu-rays?

Does Nuku Nuku come with the ridiculous UK dub? I really hope so.
Nuku Nuku on the Discotek release has the UK English dub, but all of the dubbed content added to Crunchyroll is the US English dub.

Can anyone with more knowledge of the quirks of anime licencing give me an insight as to what this could mean for the UY movies getting physical releases in the UK?

Can anyone with more knowledge of the quirks of anime licencing give me an insight as to what this could mean for the UY movies getting physical releases in the UK?
Well last I checked, AnimEigo and MVM released the films (and the former released most of Season 1 while the latter released some of the OVAs) in the UK way back during the VHS and early DVD era, so BBFC stuff would be sorted at least. If I had to take a guess at who is more than likely to grab the UK rights nowadays it would be Anime Limited, but then again the Rumiko Takahashi titles just don't want to appear in the country these days (I like to call Anime Ltd getting InuYasha's first season as a fluke).

I suppose the question would be whether there's a big enough market to support a UK release of the UY movies. But as Grav says, they're all BBFC'd and, by the end of the year, Discotek should have released most if not all of them. I'll be buying those as they come out but would certainly be up for AL collector's editions too.

Who knows? I never thought the manga would get another chance, and here we are with the 9th omnibus about to be released. Anything's possible.

This is great. I was just thinking about rewatching the first movie the other day, but haven't got around to it yet. The old UK DVDs are rather poor quality, blurry with burnt-in subtitles, and some of them have no bass (possibly inverted audio?) and sound worse than the VHS tapes, so it will be interesting to get a rough idea of how much better the blu-rays will look and sound when Discotek starts bringing them out this summer. I already have the Beautiful Dreamer blu-ray, which looks great, so I'm hopeful for good quality across the board.

Back