Creating stories

midge

Completely Average High School Student
How do you come up with new comic stories? Do you have a particular method for it or do they just randomly come to you?

I take stuff that happens in my life and manga-tise it with dramatisation or symbols lol x]

I suggest you take notes from anime and mange if you're really serious about it xD

Just wanna say thanks for replying : ) I was thinking about looking into some books on the subject, ones on creating comic stories and writing character profiles to see what they recommend was wondering if anyones used them/found them useful?

Personally i take bits from other series and spin them out. Its not as plagiaristic as it sounds though. Take a short scene from a movie or series and come up with an alternate beginning or ending (or both). One three line scene has kinda spun out to a 3 arc webcomic idea i'm working on.

You'll need characters and genre, and perhaps an overall goal. After that it's all about scenarios.

The general guideline for any story is that they follow this pattern:
Intro - Goal - Conflict - Resolution.
Intro to introduce (duh, goal to establish the point of the story/scenario, conflict being some sort of obstacle that needs to be overcome and resolution being the ending.

Books can be very helpful but I reckon the important training comes from experiance.

Back