Cowboy Bebop: Remix - Beez Box Set

beez_andrew said:
We've actually altered ours since Play.com etc got ahold of the image though so I'll upload the different one when I have a 3D. It's again black and white but one that I'm far more keen on really :).
I'll be interested in seeing the difference. Really cover artwork is a pretty minor thing because the content is what's important after all but sometimes something a bit more stand out can encourage random impulse buys. I know I've bought some series before purely based on the cover.looking interesting.

beez_andrew said:
As for Lupin, I'm a big fan of it and would very much like to get my hands on it - that's all I can say for now as at present it's not on our lists but it's one like Xam'D that I'd love to see on it!
I'll tell you what Andrew, I'll chip in £70 so all you need to do is throw in the rest of the money to license all 155 episodes. I'll even offer to record the entire English dub personally. Can't get a much better deal than that! :p

If Beez do ever release it though don't make the mistake that Geneon made by releasing it in 5 episode volumes. That was way too daunting even for me, they only got 70 something episodes in and that took up the shelf space of about 15 DVD's! Italy's release seemed less of a task because it was just 6 boxsets with about 5 DVD's to each, costing about £40 for each set. Maybe some sort of deal can be struck with the Italian release company. Think about it. ;)

There's been some talk about the possibility of a blu-ray version, but I would imagine Bebop's CGI was created in standard definition which would surely make an HD version next to impossible without re-doing the scenes which include CGI shots? Unless they were to upscale those scenes, resulting in a somewhat disjointed (and not particularly high definition) viewing experience.

I second the licensing of Lupin TV - Japan are bringing it out on blu-ray I see... Do want.

Aion said:
The problem with this release is by now every Beez buying person will have paid £60 for the first two box sets. They'll now have to sell those and take a bit of a loss. And importing people will own the brick set already.
What? The people who already own something will be physically and mentally incapable of not purchasing it again with go faster stripes? Or a different Region number? If this is genuinely a problem for people, they should cry some more.

Of course, I sold the two boxes for a combined price over £60 when Pinnacle Vision died, so I'm just quietly chuckling. I got you this time Gadget.

Back