Collector's edition Artbox's and using the Card spacer

SkwigglesWorth

Magical Girl
This may not really work for all parts CE's but "Your lie in April" is a good example of it working well and an ok job for Hyuoka.

20210320_154539.jpg
20210320_154606.jpg
20210320_154641.jpg
20210320_154649.jpg

But the main plan is to use the card spacer to hold a blu ray case/ Standard edition Blu ray (or a US Import) too match up better with the rest of the set. (DVD may even work in a blank blu ray case if you want)
And this is a very simple DIY / Fudge and I just used double sided tape (but glue would work too, maybe even normal tape), or you could just cut off the unwanted edges.
Your lie in april spacer box did require seprating part of the box as it was glued.

20210320_155813.jpg20210320_160156.jpg20210320_160256.jpg
As you can see abit of a space inside this spacer box for a standard Blu ray case.

20210320_171007.jpg20210320_160324.jpg

And of course you can add art espcially on that blank side to match up if you want (Spray glue and a full sheet of paper cut tot size & lined up is probably your best bet, but maybe a bit challenging to get a perfect result).
But both these art boxes are a white base style so they match up with the art boxes colour ect

And this is really just designed to make it look slightly better than taking the spacer out and throwing in a standard edition or just having a big space. Especially as both the mentioned CE's part 2 is rather hard to get hold of now for a reasonable price anymore.

Feel free to mention any other CE's that this would work well for, especially for the low effort ones.

EDIT: NOTE: The reason for this work around is the spacer without any adjustment and a blu-ray case inside ends up being too tall and could damage you Artbox, so please don't force the spacer box in if it won't fit.

Last edited:
That's a really good idea actually. Normally would be loathe to get one part CE and the other SE but if you can get the part with the full box this is a great workaround. Top tip, thanks! Been wanting to get Hyouka on blu ray to replace my dvds but I don't think that was released in SE here? May import the US one..

That's a really good idea actually. Normally would be loathe to get one part CE and the other SE but if you can get the part with the full box this is a great workaround. Top tip, thanks! Been wanting to get Hyouka on blu ray to replace my dvds but I don't think that was released in SE here? May import the US one..
Yeah initially I did it for Your lie in April as the spacer was such a good match and was just curious with Hyouka for how well it might work as I bought a copy of Hyouka Part 2 from Cex last year sometime (When they still had stock and wasn't too exspensive).
But it's a very quick mini arts and crafts project, and I figured I can't be the only one that this might intrest with some of the Parts of these CE being so hard to get a hold of.
And yes you are correct there is no UK Standard edition Blu ray (but there has been quite a few re-release/re-packaged boxsets and I could see them thinking about it for Hyouka, assuming they still have the licence for it that is). So currently only imports as an option.

I did it for Your lie in April as the spacer was such a good match
Yeah that spacer does match really well (just need to blot out that "Spacer for" bit depending on how bothered one is, or what would look worse heh).

I paid dearly for the Your Lie in April sets from Amazon a couple of years back, but no regrets as it is a beautiful box and the series is in my top 2! I think I'd held on to the spacer, out of sentimentality, for a few months but did bin it eventually. Won't be doing that again just in case I need to use this workaround!

Back