CMX Manga Imprint to close in July

Neferpitou

Stand User
The American publisher DC Comics will shut its CMX Manga imprint down as of July 1. DC Comics Co-Publishers and Dan Didio offered the following statement:

Over the course of the last six years, CMX has brought a diverse list of titles to America and we value the books and creators that we helped introduce to a new audience. Given the challenges that manga is facing in the American marketplace, we have decided that CMX will cease publishing new titles as of July 1, 2010. 

The shuttering of the CMX line does not affect the best-selling series Megatokyo which will continue publication, now as a DC Comics title with story and art by Megatokyo's award-winning creator Fred Gallagher

We'd like to take a moment to acknowledge the efforts and dedication of the CMX staff and to thank our fans who have supported CMX.

The About.com website Reports that details about CMX's other unfinished titles are still being worked out. Update: Seven books — Musashi No. 9 Vol. 17, Venus Capriccio Vol. 4, Two Flowers for the Dragon Vol. 6, Polyphonica: Cardinal Crimson Vol. 1, Stolen Hearts (Toraware Gokko) Vol. 2, Teru Teru × Shōnen Vol. 7, and Orfina Vol. 8 — will still ship to stores next month.

A list of all CMX manga title affected: Link

Source

gon1cover.jpg

Now I'll never get to read Diamond Girl...Sad, really sad.

Well, better save the pennies to buy up all of Emma. :cry:

Sucky news. :-(

I'm halfway through Swan, but I'll continue getting them even though I know it'll never get finished. The artwork's just damn damn good! (epic shojo sparkles! lol XD )! Might have a hunt round for some Gon as well at some point...

It's annoying, i was planning to start picking up Tenjo Tenge as well, so i'm gonna have to get what's available and hope that someone else picks it up.

Back