Clerks 2 - Now with review + DVD update

McIcy

Mushi-shi
WOOHOO CLERKS 2

Woohoo saw the trailer on Film4 last night, and yes it even had a release date printed on it.

So it looks like Dante, Randal, Jay, Silent Bob and eye-candy Rosario Dawson (not sure her characters name) will be hitting UK cinemas on the 22nd September.

Also as an added feature they will also be showing screenings of the film with Audio Commentary over the top just like the DVD release will feature

Synopsis
Ten years ago best friends Dante Hicks (Brian O'Halloran) and Randal Graves (Jeff Anderson) were New Jersey mini-mall clerks still slacking off together in their early 20s. Now, Kevin Smith checks back in to see what kind of changes have rocked their lives - in work, romance and their eternally raucous life philosophy. What he discovers is that never before have so many still done so little while having so much fun doing it. Now working in the fast-food universe, Dante and Randal have managed to maintain, and even hone, their in-your-face attitudes, agile skill with vulgarities and unbridled love of screwing with the customers. But they're also faced with such shocking new prospects as marriage, leaving Jersey and finding real careers.

Although I know this will no way beat the original Clerks which is bar far one of my all time favourite movies I will be adding this to my dvd collection and I am still going to give it a fair try when it is released. My only hope is that one of my local cinemas will be screening it Thursday Night (Advanced Preview) so i can get in there sit down and bask in Kevin Smith genious. Yes I said genious (I do not count Jersey Girl in this Evil Movie) he is my favourite director and I even studied his methods for my degree as I was so inspired by the way he funded Clerks and also how he has continued to produce such amzing movies. Fact: Kevin Smith has ALWAYS made a profit on a movie, never loosing any money for a studio or for himself, as such he has never been refused money when asking to make a movie.

Side note I am already watching Kevin Smiths website for news of the DVD's release or pre-order date so I can get me a signed copy to add to my collection

seen it its great!! so much like the first film but its better in some ways than the first one but then not as good in oter ways it well woth it!!

Kevin smith is the best director of all time, He would hold the rank off best bloke off all time but Jack Black currently holds that posistion, either way this film is a must see and i wil definetly be going to watch this 8)

Ok so I just saw the movie and Kevin Smith has done it again, a superb movie, some of the funniest scenes I have seen in a long time. One of the best bits apart from the crass humour and the donkey... sorry inter-species Erotica, is the dance number. When Dante is taught to dance Silent Bob cranks up the tunes and the whole cast start dancing around, very cool.

The story is brilliant too as we get to see the characters relationships grow and change with age, and no Randal hasn't matured.... thank good.

Side Note - The film broke while we were watching it so they fixed it and the film started up but we managed to get free tickets so I will be using 1 of my 2 complementary tickets to see Dead or Alive Monday

CLERKS 2

Woohoo my copy of Clerks 2 signed by Kevin Smith has finally arrived and I hooked on it already.

When I saw the movie in the cinema the film caught fire so I missed chunks of it and as soon as I got home I ordered it direct from the USA.

Soooo much on this Double DVD set, including an hour and a half long documentary about how Clerks 2 came about. Originally it wasn't going to be produced due to problems with Jason Mewes but Smith wanted to expand his characters wanted more so he went ahead anyway.

So many extras on this dvd and the out takes and making of are hilarious, he has also included all of his weekly online blog videos made during the production that shows the deveolpment from script - screen (wish I'd had something like this to look at when I was at uni studying media).

Lupus Inu said:
Jason Mewes character is the best character alone in Kevin Smith movies, he's just too awesome.

Sorry i am Silent Bob fanboy, he rocks I love his singular lines of wisdom, although I have to agree Mews does have some of the funniest oneliners

Back