Chrono Crusade?

Chrono Crusade is something that I need to be in the right mood to watch. If I am in the wrong mood sometimes I find it a little boring but I do think it is a very good series with some excellent characters

I'm enjoying it, yeah. Fun series with an interesting setting and mythology to it. If you like series that switches between sentiment, comedy and action, go for it.

If you like series that switches between sentiment, comedy and action, go for it.

I think that's the problem with a lot anime, shows like Chrono Crusade, Trigun and Full Metal Panic, its like they can't make up their mind whether they're being serious or funny, pick one not both. I’m not saying Chrono Crusade is bad i simply don’t like anime that jumps back and forth between “silly comedyâ€

I've really enjoyed it so far - it is typical Studio Gonzo stuff though, i.e. well animated, entertaining but not especially deep. Imagine the horror aspect of Hellsing and the (sometimes uneven) mixture of comedy and drama of Full Metal Panic and you're not far off.

It's not a classic but really fun and one of Gonzo's better effors of late.

Dragon of Heaven said:
I think that's the problem with a lot anime, shows like Chrono Crusade, Trigun and Full Metal Panic, its like they can't make up their mind whether they're being serious or funny, pick one not both. I’m not saying Chrono Crusade is bad i simply don’t like anime that jumps back and forth between “silly comedyâ€

Though I much prefer the manga, I am really enjoying the anime of Chrno Crusade. Plus, I'm keen to see the differences between the two :3

Ive only seen the Anime so far but i plan to read the manga :3 i loved the anime and spesh the OP :3 Chrono is such a sweet char but with loads of depth to him the hole thing is great ^_^

I enjoy both the anime and the manga, but I have to second Daedalus' opinion; the manga delves further into the plot than the anime, and lacks the "Gonzoization" that the anime has undergone.

The series does pick up once the principal villain of the piece (Aion) is introduced *points at his avatar* . He enters play in about episode... seven, I think. One of the slickest bad guys I've seen, and that includes Vicious :D

Me likes! Me likes!! :D
I've got 3 DVDs of it and it's more that caught my intrest. And I still think Rossette looks like Auska (NGE).

Right, I've been totally poor for the past five weeks so I decided I'd download some anime to pass the time. I stumbled across Chrno Crusade and have downloaded the first ten episodes, just finished watching the first one. I must say, the first episode was quite action packed and amusing, if the rest of the series can keep it up I will be very pleased. Heck, I may even buy it on DVD when I get some money if it keeps this level of quality up.

Was really disappointed by this anime, thought it had such a good premise but it really let me donw, felt like a cheap version of Hellsing or Trinity Blood.

I've seen up to episode eight of it, it's not that bad at all. I'd have to give it an 8/10 so far since it manages to provide the homour and action pretty well. Also there's some nice character development happening.

Back