Cheers, to the fall of toonami

Ryo Chan

Symphogear
I think its on its last legs

well when u start showing live action tv shows on a channel named "TOON"ami you know the end is comming

looks like our sources of anime are dieing out :(

i must agree there...bring back CNX...though its doubtful they will...we need something that shows a decent amount of anime shows..live action shows on a toon channel is just stupid if you ask me

Ryo Chan said:
I think its on its last legs

well when u start showing live action tv shows on a channel named "TOON"ami you know the end is comming

looks like our sources of anime are dieing out :(

Death always comes to those that compromise. It does say bad things about the future of the channel if they start showing live-action programmes. But when you take the dissapearence of anime from it's schedule you being to understand the problems. Personally i thought that maybe just changing the name of CNX would have solved one of the biggest problems with it, but then chairmen and big buisness types are always looking for a reason to make things more marketable and there isn't any arguement that toonami is more marketable even with live-action. personally i believe that it's not really a good idea for a channel to go with serious anime right now since anime is still growing and really doesn't have the popularity to take a stab at the ratings of western animation and live-action.

I really think that the above applies to any Channel showing anime in this era, it's really just not a very good idea. I forcast that Rapture will fail just like CNX and Toonami did and are doing. But then Rapture has repeatedly failed to stay down and has come back from the dead many times since it's first appearence those many years ago.

Remember comrades Toonami's fall will bring on something much worse, destroy one evil and a more powerful evil may rise,

Namely the 4KIDS channel (kicks the bucket at the meer mention of such a thing)

BabyDaddy said:
It has live action shows now. o_O
I've not been paying attention, what live action shows?

BabyDaddy said:
Bring back CNX!
CNX always had some live action stuff, especially in the last few months. There was 'The Shield', and 'Birds of Prey', and a small pool of, iniitially Asian films, it showed in the late evening/early morning. Then there was 'Trailer Park'....but I don't like to remember that in detail.

Still, most of Toonami's best stuff was from its CNX days (Cowboy Bebop, Gundam Wing, Outlaw Star, Chris Colorado, even the Dragonball series, etc) most of which has been shed.

JAKEMAN said:
Remember comrades Toonami's fall will bring on something much worse, destroy one evil and a more powerful evil may rise,

Namely the 4KIDS channel (kicks the bucket at the meer mention of such a thing)
Best. Post. In. This. Thread. So. Far.

But yes, that post is very accurate, 4KIDS 4 t3h w1n! >_>

JAKEMAN said:
Chris colorado sucked they all talkied too fast and the storyline made no sense

It was a great programme. Me thinks a lack of understanding of the storyline is your problem with it(i'm not being offensive). the story is complex and runs deep. it's not really episodic so maybe thats why you didn't get into it. It shows that french animation is very good and goes for storyline.

French animation in general is good, look at Diabolik. it may have flopped but then it was a very good programme that really didn't get a chance since alot of people pulled out of the production and then they ended up with a show too complex for children and not complex enough for adults(Eva/Di love story).

SelphiexZellFAN said:
4kids suck! and whats adult swim and i like toonami if you want to know!! i want ultimate muscle back! T_T
You think 4KIDS suck yet you want a series which they licensed back, now that's ironic.

My whole opinion on 4kids is that they only ruin anime's which have cards games in their franchise, lets take a look

Dragonball z gt card game
yu gi oh card game
one piece card game
inu yusha card game
yuyuhakashu card game
shaman king card game
toyko mew mew card game
kirby card game
pokemon card game
ultimate muscle card game
the list continues

Ultimate muscle is liscened by 4kids??
>.< i dont care bout 4kids as long as i have my Ultimate muscle! and pokemon cards are great!
and the only thing i mean is that there dubbing sucks ass!

Back