Cardcaptor Sakura

Sy

Time-Traveller
Girls series? Aimed at younger viewers? I just watched the first 2 episodes of the uncut version and I have to admit... I rather enjoyed it. :X

I have a shameful like of this series too. I think it is on GMTV freeview channel in the mornings at the moment, unless there is another series called Cardcaptors.

Yeah, Cardcaptors is on in the mornings on ITV2. It's almost a totally different show though because it's been edited so much. After watching the uncut version you start to realise it's actually a pretty neat little show...

A quick list of some of the edits in the US/UK version...

# The name of the show was changed from CardCaptor Sakura to Cardcaptors.
# Changed anything remotely Japanese into something that sounds like English and removed any hint of Japanese culture.
# The dialog has almost totally been re-written.
# Change the episode order and cut and paste episodes together.
# The opening animation and song were completely changed.
# All the original background music is gone and replaced with the same 2 or 3 crappy pieces over and over.

The list goes on.... I couldn't believe the difference in the two

I would actually pick up the first boxset of Cardcaptor Sakura IF IT WASN'T SO DAMN PINK!!!

i remember when it used to be on itv1 in the afternoons about 4 years ago. i used to run home from school to watch it. ha ha. those where the days. and yes the unedited version is better than the one theyre showing at the moment

I remember seeing on CiTV...ah brings back memories for me aswell ^^

I was shocked, when I found out in my class there was boys watching it. I was like...it's for girls and they watch it o_O So I was a little freaked out then. But that's the only good thing that they edited so much, so that more people will watch it. But everything else is bad>_<

Segawa~lilac said:
But that's the only good thing that they edited so much, so that more people will watch it. But everything else is bad>_<

Except they didn't edit it to make more people watch it. Whereas I can see TV anime being edited or cut for the usual reasons (removing violence, blood, nudity, and the various romantic interests that kids of that age absolutely don't have). Cardcaptor Sakura was edited and altered for very odd reasons, with a non-obvious intent. And their edits did not result in a successful anime.

Back