Can you hear me in there?

Dai

Pokémon Master
Hi all. I used the visit this site a lot in the days when Anipike was still a thing, but slowly drifted over to ANN for my anime news. I've been getting tired of scrolling past endless articles about stage plays and stage play cancellations over there though, so I'm drifting back over here.

I started unknowingly enjoying anime in the 80s, back when they used to remove all the Japanese names from the credits to hide where it was from, and went full otaku after seeing Akira in the early 90s. Probably my peak okatu moment happened during the dry spell of anime releases at the end of the 90s when I saw that a German satellite channel was showing Sailor Moon; so I used to have all 200 episodes recorded on VHS in German, despite not speaking a word of it.

All-time favourites include: Gunbuster, The Vision of Escaflowne, Patlabor, Sound! Euphonium, Ghost in the Shell: SAC, the Urusei Yatsura movies... too many to list, really.

Recent favourites: Wasteful Days of High School Girls, Bloom Into You, Rascal Does Not Dream of a Dreaming Girl, and I'm currently obsessed with Liz and the Blue Bird.

I also enjoy kaiju movies and Ultraman, and used to frequent the Monster Zero forums until they broke earlier this year.

Welcome (back) to the forums 🍻

All-time favourites include: Gunbuster, The Vision of Escaflowne, Patlabor, Sound! Euphonium, Ghost in the Shell: SAC, the Urusei Yatsura movies... too many to list, really.

Recent favourites: Wasteful Days of High School Girls, Bloom Into You, Rascal Does Not Dream of a Dreaming Girl, and I'm currently obsessed with Liz and the Blue Bird
This is a great list of shows/films!

Welcome (back) to the forums 🍻

This is a great list of shows/films!
Thanks. I spent years commenting about anime on non-anime forums and getting few responses. If you ask me why I did that instead of signing up to an actual anime forum, I couldn't tell you.

Nice choices there. In fact I've ordered a number of them. 🤤
If one of them was the US release of Sound! Euphonium 2, your wallet has my sympathies. Mine is still stinging from that purchase.

Nice taste. I'm still waiting for MVM to pick up Wasteful Days of High School Girls
We can but hope. It's always an anxiety-inducing balancing act between waiting long enough to give MVM a chance to licence it, but not so long that the Sentai release goes out of print. This year I found that I'd erred on waiting so long for some shows that I forgot about them, and the US releases are now gone; Ghost Sweeper Mikami being one that comes to mind. This is what happens when I forget to add something to my sprawling "stuff I want" spreadsheet.

I'm hopeful of a UK release as I only collect region B releases.

These are some that I'm waiting on

Black Clover Season 2
Captain earth
Children of the Sea
Code geass 4 movie
Cyber City Oedo 808
The demon girl next door
Dr STONE
Erased
Fairy Tail Collection 7
Fairy Tail Collection 8
Fairy Tail Collection 9
Fairy Tail Collection 10
Fairy Tail Collection 11
Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory
Golden Kamuy - Season 1
Golden Kamuy - Season 2
Human Lost
Hunter X Hunter - Set 2,3
Kemono Michi: Rise Up
Millennium Actress
Mobile Suit Gundam Seed
No Guns Life - Season 1
Planetes
The Promised Neverland
Summer Days With Coo
Violet Evergarden

USA releases

Actors songs connection
Azur lane
Kono Oto Tomare!: Sounds of Life season 2
Miss caretaker of sunohara-sou
Special 7
Hidamari sketch picture perfect
How clumsy you are, miss ueno
Senryu girl
Try knights
Yumeiro patisserie
Why the hell are you here teacher
Seven senses of the reunion
The magnificent kotobuki
Haiku s3
Cinderella nine
Grimm's note
Prince of smiles

I'm glad that Violet Evergarden is getting a UK release. It's always worrying when Netflix licences or finances shows because so few of them get blu-rays afterwards. There's still no sign of the Polygon Pictures Godzilla trilogy getting a physical release, for example. Not that they were great, because Polygon Pictures, but I'm a bit of a Godzilla completionist, and I worry the new series from Bones will be Netflix-only too.

A warm welcome to you, @Dai.

Great to see Gunbuster on your list. A small group of us on here did a simulwatch of it last September. It would've been fun to have you along for the ride with that. The thread still exists if you fancied a look:

Haven't seen Escaflowne yet, but I've got a copy of it on the way, so that'll change. (Though probably later rather than sooner because of backlog. You probably know how that is. 😅)

I'll have a look at that, thanks.

For Escaflowne, I highly recommend watching the TV series before the movie. They're separate continuities, but the TV series is a warm and beautiful thing full of rich characters, while the movie is a grimdark shadow of it that ruins those characters in a misguided attempt to appeal to western audiences. It's hard to believe that so many of the same staff were involved in both.

For Escaflowne, I highly recommend watching the TV series before the movie. They're separate continuities
Yeah, I'll be watching the TV series first for sure. I don't think I've ever read anything particularly complementary about the film, but I'm certainly keen to see it.

Back