Can anyone help recommend which anime mag i should buy???

If you are willing to import you could try Animerica, or the highly praised New Type USA.

But importing is expensive, I would suggest you stick with Neo.

Newtype!
It's expensive but you get a DVD with it that features 2 anime releases (obviously region 1) and a full episode from each. If you go to United Publications, they have a review of what's in it and what's on the DVD (Divergence Eve I know is one of the ones from this months copy!).

I would go for NewType as well, although realistically, I've never really been one to buy anime mags. I bought one copy of Neo so far and thats about it. :lol:

Anyway, from what I've read in NewType, the magazine itself is professionally done and has some good artwork as well. Saw it last time I went into Forbidden Planet as well, so it's not too difficult to track down a copy.

Yeah, it's best to buy Neo as it supports the UK anime industry, but Newtype is the best American magazine due to the DVD, the large format and the stunning art. Newtype is the world's best coffee table magazine. You can get it from shops like Foribdden Planet, currently priced at £6.50, which may seem expensive for a magazine but Newtype is worth it.

valha said:
I thoigh neo was 3.50 in the shops?

It is! Plus even Forbidden Planet has now raised their Newtype price to £8.50. I usually only buy Newtype if the disc has an anime I'm interested in. I buy Neo purely to support a UK anime mag, as I'm still not that impressed with it. If I want a review on something I usually search on the internet but I must admit I do like a magazine full of pretty pictures and freebies :lol:

My favourite monthly anime mag is one I can't even read! It's called Afternoon and I get it from Japan for 600 yen (about £3) at least the preview DVD has stuff I haven't seen!! :D

Sorry, typo.

I do go with Miaka-Chan though in that I haven't been too impressed with Neo so far either. The articles don't seem very professionally done, and are a bit too fan-boyish (that article about GitS and how everything else in the known universe ripped from it just seemed silly. Most of those cyberpunk conventions existed for a long time before Ghost in the Shell).

Miaka-chan said:
My favourite monthly anime mag is one I can't even read! It's called Afternoon and I get it from Japan for 600 yen (about £3) at least the preview DVD has stuff I haven't seen!! :D

where do you get this from?

Back