Buzzer Beater

Miaka-chan

Stand User
Just downloaded the first episode and it was interesting enough to definitely wait for episode 2.

I'm not usually a sports related anime fan but after watching and loving Prince of Tennis I'm finding myself drawn to these kinds of anime lately :lol:

This one is centred around basketball and appears to be set in the future as the main character Tono seems to have his heart set on playing International basketball with humanesque aliens!
The first episode only loosely introduces the viewer to Tono and a few other interesting looking characters but I can see some potential for it to become quite engrossing!

Thanks for the information, I've been considering checking this one out after reading some of the positive thoughts the first episode inspired- it certainly looks unique. I'll probably wait another episode or two before deciding to make the leap, keep us updated! ;)

Ramen89 said:
I cant stomach sports anime, I find them kind of pointless but I may check this out.

With me it all depends on how much story comes with the sporty stuff! Prince of Tennis may just be a tennis based anime but it has a really good story behind the tennis!! Dear Boys (basketball) is the same and I'm hoping this one will have a story to go with it too :D

Dear Boys was the frist sports related anime that I ever saw and i didnt think i would like it at all, I only watch it because alot of people kept buging me to. From the frist ep i was hocked and ended up watching the whole serie in a day and enjoyed it alot. I have to thank Dear Boys if i had'nt of seen it i would not have had the chance to watch POT and enjoy it as much as i do.

Just downloaded and watched episode 2 :D

I still can't tell at this point if there is going to be a good storyline behind the basketball but ep. 2 was enough to keep me watching!

In this episode we get to meet "the aliens", who remind me a little of Piccolo from DBZ but without the pink bits :lol: and there is obviously going to be some connection between Tono and the aliens star Gyuma. Also I get the impression it's going to be some kind of "Earth V Aliens" scenario.

There is only 1 real downside to this anime so far, the ending theme, it starts off good and then the singing commences (my cat sings better when she's on heat :lol: ). Also the animation, in parts, reminds me of stuff from what I call the Cyber Punk era of anime, like Wicked City and AD Police - not that this is a bad thing - I haven't read the manga but would assume the animation is in the same style :?:

i just watched episode 1&2 today, and man, i really liked, it, it reminded me of the old Slam Dunk series, (i think it was made by the same guys :) )
(btw i watched slam dunk in arabic :? , because when i was young i used to live in Dubai (or Abu-Dhabi to be more precise, and man even though i didnt understand what was going on i could still make it out.
but the animation in Buzzer Beater, is sweet :)
there is something about this anime, that wants me too keep on watching the rest of the upcomming eps!, cant wait!

Just wanted to say that if anyone is still uncertain about this anime? episode 3 was really good and there's an introduction to the other Human basketball players!

To those who have watched it, a question! the animation style reminds me of something else, the lips and eyes especially, I just can't think what. Does it remind anyone else of another anime?

Back