Busy year for the Robotech franchise

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
The mecha-filled Robotech franchise looks like having a busy year ahead of itself, not only is there a hotly anticipated new animated movie set for (what we assume is a very limited) US theatrical release at some point in 2006 but news has recently leaked that several live-action projects are also being planned too.

The original 1980s Robotech TV series, which spliced together three different anime series including the original Macross series, is currently being released on UK DVD by Manga Entertainment.

I wouldn't hold my breath for either of these live-action adaptations to see the light of day. Robotech has something of a history when it comes to unfinished sequels, and a number of proposed projects have all been canned in the pre-production stages. That begin said though, if they do find their way out of produciton hell, they should be worth looking into. Not enough movies have giant robots these days :)

Indeed, I just read that these "live action" projects have been disappeared from the related official sites. Not surprising really, I assume they couldn't find an obscure enough movie to slash up and call their own? ;)

Back