'Boys Love' anime in the UK?

yethboth

Brigade Leader
I feel a bit uncomfortable asking this, I am a fan of Boys Love anime (lighthearted Gay Anime) i.e. Earthian etc. I was wondering if any companies are willing to release any of these kind of titles in the UK? For the moment, I can only buy these on Import from United Publications and some of them are quite expensive, I've only managed to get Earthian at a bargain price from them. Is anyone willing to help me here please?

Anyone's help will be greatly appreciated and my apologies for any inconvenience caused by this question.

Many Thanks.

:)

The only one I'm aware of is Gravitation, which is being released by Beez. You can get vol. 1 from Play.com, and I assume all of the other online anime outlets.

I'm almost certain Gravitation is the only boy's love anime that's been released in the UK. But as anime gets more and more popular among girls over here, I'm sure that'll change soon enough!

I can't actually remember if any shonen ai or yaoi titles have been released over here other then Gravitation. I'm sure there are plently out with shonen ai under tones out though (Get Backers comes to mind) Series are relatively easy to get ahold of at a good price though. I bought the FAKE OVA around 5 years ago from play.com for a normal DVD price. The same goes for the Mirage of Blaze OVA which I got for a fiver from a seller on Amazon.

I'm certain more titles will be released over here soon though! I remember being so shocked when I saw the FAKE manga in my book shop and now they have tons of yaoi. Just remember to shop around, and importing wont cost that much.

Wouldn't it be worth asking a manga/anime store close to you if they'd be willing to take on board some of the titles you're interested in?
I don't see more UK licences in the immediate future, well maybe 'Junjo Romantica' if the the fever keeps growing.
Most will buy their BL Stateside, or from amazon sellers, MediaBlasters' eBay shop etc.

There really isn't that much to choose from in the first place, here's a fairly comprehensive list and you'll see what I mean. They state wether it's licenced in the States or not.

Trashbat is right, there are probably quite a few good series with mild shounen-ai and/or slashable that are available in the UK.

How's your German? If you care to read German subtitles I seem to remember there being a few BL anime licenced in German; like FAKE, Loveless, Haru Wo Daiteita, Papa To Kiss In The Dark.

I have no idea...I think Forbidden Planet might stock them, they stock a fair bit of yaoi manga so if not Im sure you could ask them about it.

Back