Blood: Last Vampire TV anime announced

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
Production IG have announced their plans to produce a new anime TV series called 'Blood Night' based on their cult favourite 2001 anime film Blood: The Last Vampire. This new show is set to premiere on Japanese TV on the 9th of May and the <a href="http://www.blood.tv/">official site</a> has already gone live.

Also, the new Guyver anime series has launched <a href="http://www.wowow.co.jp/anime/guyver/">it's official website</a> and been confirmed as a co-production with ADV Films.
<span class="menu"><b>Source:</b> <a href="http://www.animenation.net/news/">Anime Nation</a></b>

Ramen89 said:
Also, the new Guyver anime series has launched it's official website and been confirmed as a co-production with ADV Films.
So does that mean no fansubs?
YES

Co-Produced = Pre licensed (usually)

Of course, some fansubbers dont care one bit about that :roll:

I wonder if co-producing things will begin to be a bit more of trend for anime. With Bandai co-producing with Studio BONES on Eureaka 7 and now this announcement .

Quite excited about a TV series of Blood though, hopefully it will turn out well.

ADV also co-produced Kino's Journey and that turned out very well.

You can tell this new Guyver series is being made with one eye on the Western market. Given it's not exactly critically acclaimed, the Guyver seems to be one of those shows (just like Fist of the North Star) that has survived the test of time. I'm looking forward to this one.

Im curious with the US market now being so important to anime , if certain series that didnt do so well in Japan may re-emerge as a second series with specifically the US market in mind.

Paul said:
You can tell this new Guyver series is being made with one eye on the Western market. Given it's not exactly critically acclaimed, the Guyver seems to be one of those shows (just like Fist of the North Star) that has survived the test of time. I'm looking forward to this one.

Not so sure about FOTN :lol: but agree about the Guyver. I even enjoy that horribly cheesy, badly made live action version of the Guyver :mrgreen: I hope they don't make it too western orientated though, as that'd spoil it!

Looks like I'm actually gonna have to watch Blood The Last Vampire now, I've got it on dvd but never got round to watching it :D

Miaka-chan said:
Paul said:

Not so sure about FOTN :lol: but agree about the Guyver. I even enjoy that horribly cheesy, badly made live action version of the Guyver :mrgreen: I hope they don't make it too western orientated though, as that'd spoil it!

Don't forget, both the Guyver and Fist of the North Star have been subjected to terrible live action adaptations. The Fist of the North Star movie is legendary, I just wish I owned a DVD version (I only have the old Manga Ent. VHS) with the original Japanese language track. Other entries into the "good but crap really" genre include Devil Man, Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie, Wicked City, Crying Freeman and Cyber City Odeo 808; basically, all of Manga Ent.'s early/mid 90s releases- dumb but fun and violent action movies! :)

Paul said:
Other entries into the "good but crap really" genre include Devil Man, Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie, Wicked City, Crying Freeman and Cyber City Odeo 808; basically, all of Manga Ent.'s early/mid 90s releases- dumb but fun and violent action movies! :)

.......and I love them all :D You missed out Ultimate Teacher :lol: That is so damned funny, I nearly died of laughter when I first saw it! I'm very tempted to watch Kekko Kamen as it reminds me of UT (a lot ruder though!).

Back