BLACK BUTLER [DVD]

As it's not anounced as being licensed yet, a while.
FUNimation also don't have streaming rights here which is also a bad sign.
I'd assume in a year or two, if it ever gets released.

Manga have expressed concern over girly shows in the past and their performance over here (though it varies wildly it seems), so it may be that they're holding out to see R1 sales figures before making a call. Or it may just be one they are sitting on.

My copy is on its way from R1, anyway. Had Manga announced it before it was released there, I might have waited, but I'm only able to resist my cutlery-wielding butlers in attractive foil-trimmed boxes for so long.

R

Rui said:
Manga have expressed concern over girly shows in the past and their performance over here (though it varies wildly it seems), so it may be that they're holding out to see R1 sales figures before making a call. Or it may just be one they are sitting on.

My copy is on its way from R1, anyway. Had Manga announced it before it was released there, I might have waited, but I'm only able to resist my cutlery-wielding butlers in attractive foil-trimmed boxes for so long.

R

What girly shows are they referring to?

Good point Manga have released like 3 series ever aimed at women (not counting Bleach and FMA:B).
Ouran highschool, Eden of the East, Vampire Knight.

If you're not counting shows popular amongst fujoshi that also have a lot of non-female appeal, I wouldn't count Eden of the East, either (is this even actually popular with fujoshi?!)

ilmaestro said:
If you're not counting shows popular amongst fujoshi that also have a lot of non-female appeal, I wouldn't count Eden of the East, either (is this even actually popular with fujoshi?!)
Nope.
But it's regarded as being josei.

Really? I think we (we: the forum, not we: you and I) had a discussion on this the other day, and I can't see how it's anything other than "various" in its target demographic.

Back