Beez promises for AyaCon

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
Beez have let us know about their plans for AyaCon, a large UK anime convention that will kick off in late August (August 19-21). Along with a selling stall in the dealers room, they are promising a panel where they plan to announce some new UK anime licenses as well as outlining their plans for the future. It's all in the short press release below.<ul class="menu">"BEEZ is happy to announce its attendance for the first time at a UK convention, Ayacon 2005! A team from BEEZ will be holding down the fort at our stall in the Dealers Room – come and drop by for some shiny freebies as well as the opportunity to buy some DVDs!"

"As well – we will be holding our own panel to discuss just what is going on inside BEEZ just now; what we’d like to do in the future, new licences, previews of upcoming titles and much, much more – you don’t want to miss it!"</ul>This will be Beez's first ever UK convention appearance and you can rest assured we will be fast off the mark when these announcements are revealed at the convention.

Can you say Scrapped Princess?! , Well I hope so anyway as I cant afford the Region 1's right now, and it would be nice to get it later on Region 2. News on Midori Days would be good too.

I guess its a bit to early for a Mai-Hime announcment, but I'll probably end up getting that on R1 beforehand anyway.

Can't say theres much else in Bandai's catalouge I want, unless of course they start bringing some suprises over here.

Scrapped Princess would be great, as would Crest of the Stars. PlanetES is one of my favourites of all time, so I hope we get a certain date for this too.

Also, speaking with Beez, there should be some comment on the issue with Escaflowne and the Japanese audio problems in the last episode.

Looks like AyaCon is shaping up to be a great event.

I hope they are bringing more boxsets, and artboxes, cd soundtrax, and more titles, and all the other stuff that Bandai do, Beez are awesome! :p

I keep on seeing a title called Yukikaze on their site, it looks really good, does anyone know about this title and/or have they seen it? :shock:

This sounds promising, aside from word on the series already mentioned I'd like to hear if they have any more soundtrack plans, even making the supposedly already released GITS: SAC OSTs more readily available would be a bonus.

Interesting, again, and perhaps a step forth into making the UK conventions more like American ones, with panels from such a major company.

I'd like to echo the Scrapped Princess posibility; although I have began to collect the series on R1 (which doesn't support the UK industry at all, I know, but I couldn't wait), I'd like it to be released over here so more of us experience it, it's a great series.

Looking good, Beez are really beginning to get their act together and a Scrapped Princess release would be the icing on the cake.

Heres hoping they also clarify the status of Midori's Days and as RedXIII mentioned make their OSTs available for wider distribution.

Paul said:
Also, speaking with Beez, there should be some comment on the issue with Escaflowne and the Japanese audio problems in the last episode.
urely you mean the subtitle problems?

Its not like they will do anything about it now, theres far worse problems with the video quality.

Unless they remaster the whole series and release it cheap.

Im going to pluck a prediction out of the air and say My HiME, since tahts a Sunrise produced show and the majority of beez's anime is made by Sunrise.

looks like Aya is going to be a great weekend. now all i need to do is get off my butt and sort out some accomodation...

it's good to see Beez making an appearance though - it will be really good publicity for them.

Back