BBC iPlayer Acquires Rights to ONE PIECE English Dub in the UK

My mouth has actually dropped, this was never a possibility for the BBC when I was young, he'll I don't think the BBC even wanted pokemon originally, now they have all this anime many of which you could only watch on cartoon network before (which means only the kids whose parents were rich enough for cable could watch anime). Time's really have changed for the younger generation.

My mouth has actually dropped, this was never a possibility for the BBC when I was young, he'll I don't think the BBC even wanted pokemon originally, now they have all this anime many of which you could only watch on cartoon network before (which means only the kids whose parents were rich enough for cable could watch anime). Time's really have changed for the younger generation.

It highlights how popular and mainstream anime has become in the UK, which is a great thing. While there are bigger markets out there like France, the industry is growing in the UK and more companies will be wanting a slice of the pie. Anime has never been more accessible.

We have English premier league footballers, like Dominic Solanke, doing anime inspired celebrations when scoring goals.

1725033127073.png
1725033444380.png
1725033521858.png

This is the kind of cultural penetration anime has now in the UK - it wasn't long ago when kids were getting bullied in school for watching "funny Japanese cartoons", now it's something that is cool!

Here is the page on the iPlayer for the series.

ETA: It's the first time I've seen One Piece being described as sci-fi.

Back