Battle Angel trilogy from Cameron

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
After last week’s revelations from James Cameron concerning his Battle Angel project, he has recently revealed that if the first film is successful enough (slated for cinema release in 2007) - he will almost certainly follow it up with two other Battle Angel films.

Cameron is also quoted as wanting to carry over Battle Angel’s "darker, dystopian message", lamenting the current trend of fluffy Hollywood sci-fi extravaganzas.

Cameron is also quoted as wanting to carry over Battle Angel’s "darker, dystopian message", lamenting the current trend of fluffy Hollywood sci-fi extravaganzas.
i'm not familiar with battle angel, but hearing a hollywood director say something like that is encouraging. it might just work!

I'm surprised Manga haven't released Alita, especially on their budget label, but hopefully now they'll be planning on a features-pack extravaganza to cash in on this!

That is, if they still hold the rights...

Who ever holds the rights will make a bundle of money from the OVA in 2007, that's for sure! :) I actually own the Alita OVA on VHS and it was always one of my favourites. The animation is nothing special, but the strength of the story is enough to make it worth a watch every now and then.

Though it's a little disappointing to hear that they will be using blue blood instead of red, I'm really expecting Cameron to create a fantastic film.

Back