Batman Gotham Knight

It is a great set of animated shorts. I think that its far better if you are a batfan to begin with, but it does flesh out the character a bit more before The Dark Knight (Cant wait for it to come out!!!!)

i watched it 2 nights ago and i am really impressed with the visuals and the simple story line that connects in between each chapters.
each chapter is directed and produced from a different japanese animation studio and it keeps it looking fresh through.....
watching it on high-def is really nice *COUGH...blu....ray.....rip...*COUGH*

Ninja Boy! said:
i watched it 2 nights ago and i am really impressed with the visuals and the simple story line that connects in between each chapters.
each chapter is directed and produced from a different japanese animation studio and it keeps it looking fresh through.....
watching it on high-def is really nice *COUGH...blu....ray.....rip...*COUGH*
Agast! Internet pirates!

I was thinking of getting this as an anime, not Batman. But after reading at AOD that it doesn't include the Japanese audio that was promissed (and even detailed on the packaging), I probably won't now.

I'd appreciate it if anyone who owns it can find out if our version (DVD or blu-ray) includes Japanese audio with proper subtitles or not.

The US releases have both audio tracks (even the blu-ray, it just requires setting up your player to view it). It was confirmed on AoD.

I was sort of interested in this but it seems to focus on the aspects of Batman I'm not particularly into so I'll pass for now. Might pick it up in a sale later on.

I don't usually watch things dubbed (as in, from the original to any other language - JP dubbed Thomas The Tank Engine isn't cool just because it's been dubbed into JP) but in the case of Batman I'd probably sample both and decide for myself. They both came out at the same time and apparently both suffer from lip movement desynchronisation in this movie so it's more a matter of familiarity in this case than one "correct" audio track as I understand it.

The only Batman I associate with the voice is Adam West so the English version isn't automatically "Batman" for me. Never saw the later series. If it's very well done though, I'll probably stick with the English version.

R

Ninja Boy! said:
*COUGH...blu....ray.....rip...*COUGH*

Why do people brag about being cheap? Not you alone. I just find it weird that being a leecher is considered something to be proud of and worth mentioning.

R

I read the Batman Manga: Child of Dreams and the whole concept of a Batman anime is something I welcome, I wish they'd do a whole Batman series as Anime. IN FACT, the guy who wrote Child of Dreams actually does one of the Episodes on Gotham Knight... FANTASTIC!!!

Batman has always been a hero to me with some very iuntriguing story lines and plots, Knightfall was my favourite, and the whole Batman R.I.P. things to truly intriguing too.

To let the Japanese get hold of something as established as Batman is truly phenominal, I have ordered the 2-Disc special edition version from the US as opposed to the 1-Disc version you get in the UK...

I love to see what they'd do to a Superman Origin/Any story.

Rui said:
The only Batman I associate with the voice is Adam West so the English version isn't automatically "Batman" for me. Never saw the later series. If it's very well done though, I'll probably stick with the English version.

R

While I agree that when you think of Batman you think of Adam West, but surely those original Batman episodes where meant as parodies, there was nothing serious about any or them, they were fun, don't get me wrong, but when I think of the voice of Batman, I do instintively think of Kevin Conroy, the animated Batman's voice. Michael Keaton gave it a good go, but then the pretty boys got in a spoiled it, Clooney and Kilmer...

Batmans voice has to be gritty. I think Christian Bale has a fantastic voice when it comes to being The Batman...

takuhii said:
While I agree that when you think of Batman you think of Adam West, but surely those original Batman episodes where meant as parodies, there was nothing serious about any or them, they were fun, don't get me wrong, but when I think of the voice of Batman, I do instintively think of Kevin Conroy, the animated Batman's voice. Michael Keaton gave it a good go, but then the pretty boys got in a spoiled it, Clooney and Kilmer...

Batmans voice has to be gritty. I think Christian Bale has a fantastic voice when it comes to being The Batman...

Absolutely - if I'd seen animated Batman, I bet I'd be dead set on seeing this in English first. Somehow I missed it entirely!

I'd like to see the new ones soon though as I like Christian Bale's style...

R

T confirm the R2 release does not contain the japanese audio. Its nothing like the Nolan film because its a Timm creation. He was a major player in The Animated Series which is still the best TV batman to my mind. Mark Hamill as the Joker is perfect too.

redgore said:
Its nothing like the Nolan film because its a Timm creation.
Yes well that's all well and good but I found it extremely annoying that it's advertised as bridging the time gap between the two Nolan movies even though it does nothing of the sort.

Rui said:
The only Batman I associate with the voice is Adam West so the English version isn't automatically "Batman" for me.

And Kevin Conroy is Batman to me, so I'm happy. :D

Seriously looking forward to seeing this though, Batman is the only superhero I can stand (he's just a man, after all - and a somewhat disturbed one as well) I loved BTAS as a young 'un in the early 90's, and bought all the series from the US as I never thought they'd come out here - another premature import on my part.

I think Batman, more than any other superhero, is different things to different people because of the many incarnations over the years. I much prefer him at his more serious as in the latest films and Frank Miller comics.

Adam West's batman was really really fun =D
WRT "Batman Manga: Child of Dream" isn't it the Batman wrote by the Silent Moebius guy?

To those that were giving me the evil eye towards my so called ''internet pirates''.
almost all the show i ''pirate'' i have wond up purchasing them ....
i'm not one of those hardcore leechers out there!
and having said that, i will be purchasing Gotham Knight sometime soon..

ayase said:
Rui said:
The only Batman I associate with the voice is Adam West so the English version isn't automatically "Batman" for me.

And Kevin Conroy is Batman to me, so I'm happy. :D

Seriously looking forward to seeing this though, Batman is the only superhero I can stand (he's just a man, after all - and a somewhat disturbed one as well) I loved BTAS as a young 'un in the early 90's, and bought all the series from the US as I never thought they'd come out here - another premature import on my part.

I think Batman, more than any other superhero, is different things to different people because of the many incarnations over the years. I much prefer him at his more serious as in the latest films and Frank Miller comics.

Is Year One by Miller? and if so worth purchasing? I've been eying it for a while and always been tempted.
Anyone else here ever watch Batman of the Future? I thought it was ace

Back