Barbican screens Mobile Suit Z Gundam & Eureka Seven: Mo

chaos

The Boss
The Barbican Centre in London is screening <b>Mobile Suit Z Gundam & Eureka Seven: Movie</b> in 20th of July and 24th of September respectively.

Mobile Suit Z Gundam
Helen McCarthy introduces the UK Premiere of the first feature in the film trilogy based on the Gundam Zeta anime series, in celebration of its 20th anniversary and updated for a 21st Century audience.

In the year 0087 the Earth Federation’s elite military force, the Titans are committing atrocities throughout the colonies and the Anti-Earth Union Group (AEUG) are waging a bloody war in retaliation when teenager Kamille Bidan enters the cockpit of a Gundam.

A magnificent mecha trip and a must see for fans of the anime, the gorgeous animation is an amalgam of the digitally remastered original with completely new footage. Shigeaki Saegusa's musical score from the TV series is also reused for the film with the addition of new songs by Japanese pop star Gackt.

Eureka Seven: The movie
When Renton is cruelly separated from his childhood playmate Eureka, a girl who can not survive in sunlight, he vows to rescue her.

Years later our hero is a mecha pilot on the airship Gekko which aims to employ apocalyptic methods in defending the earth from alien attack. Finally reunited with the girl he loves, Renton discovers her true nature and dark fate.

This feature film version is a complete re-imagining of the popular TV series, an emotional tale of love and survival amid spectacular aerial maneuvers and played out by ‘Space Rock’ by iLL.

Mobile Suit Z Gundam - Heirs to the Stars
Tickets: Standard - £7.50 online (£9.50 full price) / Barbican Members - £6.50 online (£7.50 full price) / Concessions £7.50

Eureka Seven: The Movie
Tickets: Standard £10.50 / £8.50 online - Members £8.50 / £6.50 online - Concessions £7.50 - Under 15 £5.50
Barbican Japanimation series

chaos said:
When Renton is cruelly separated from his childhood playmate Eureka, a girl who can not survive in sunlight, he vows to rescue her.
Egad. That's not the series I'm watching! One can only wonder how many differences the Zeta Gundam films bear towards their original incarnation.

I've heard the attempt to blend new footage in with the original animation from Zeta has not worked out too well.

Nevertheless, I would still be all over this, were I not extremely far away.

Edit: If anyone's going, tell Helen McCarthy I enjoyed her performance as "Concerned Mother" in the English dub of Catgirl Nuku Nuku.

Back