Asian Film Licence in the UK

afoia

Adventurer
One of the things that kept me holding to my Neo subscription was its small and rather lacking coverage of licenced asian films. Now anime is something i can easily follow here because of AUKN and other bloggers, as i can easily find out whats out on dvd and what new licences have been picked up but my problem is finding out what asian films are released here on a regular basis. Are there any websites that review or preview new asian films, or even sites that just list new asian film releases?

Thanks again.

I've watch a few good asian movies recently and I've wondered that myself. Unfortunately, the best way to keep up that I could come with was to watch distributors websites such as optimum and palisades tartan.

BTW - Vengeance trilogy in Bluray, I've got old boy already with Lady vengeance coming this year, Hooray! =D

As fun as that sounds, i prefer to look at one website or better yet, one that has an RSS feed so then i can check via my RSS reader each day.

Also, i think i may pick up that vengeance trilogy. Did you know that his new film Thirst is out soon?

Finding out Asian film UK acquisitions is a problem. Some distributors are helpful telling their new acquisitions such as third window films and Terracotta distribution. Others are a problem like Optimum. Announcements are sometimes made on random film websites.

There is a few that I know of. I will mention on the thread later when I remind myslef of them.

Park Chan Wook's Thirst is now showing at some cinemas. I watched it yesterday and have to say that it is a thoroughly enjoyable film if overlong in the middle section.

Some Asian Film acquisitions

Breath Kim ki-Duk palisades tartan
Time Kim Ki-Duk palisades tartan
The Sinking of Japan palisades tartan
Love Exposure Third Window Films
Breathless Terracotta Distribution
Instant Swamp Third Window Films
Lala Pipo Third Window Films
Peppermint Candy Third Window Films
Chaw Optimum Releasing

And more

The Shinjuku Incident Cine-Asia
Power Kids Cine-Asia
Raging Phoenix Cine-Asia
Connected Cine-Asia
The Vanquisher Cine-Asia
Beast Stalker Cine-Asia
The Sword with No Name Cine-Asia
Mulan Cine-Asia
Hard Revenge Milly Cine-Asia

afoia said:
Also, i think i may pick up that vengeance trilogy. Did you know that his new film Thirst is out soon?
Yep, they had / will have a draw for signed copies of it at the palisades tartan stand at the expo. I've only heard about the draw when I've left their stand, so I didn't enter it.

In any case, the only movie I'm looking forward to is 20th Century boys part 2 and 3, which after talking to the distributors at their expo stand, I found out that they will not release part 2 this year as they expected to, but instead pushed that back to release both part 2 and 3 together. apparently sales were not so hot, comparing to Death note. This annoys me immensely.

Asdrubael said:
I hear they are trying to release more Asian films here now. I don't know how well that is going though
Both Manga and MVM are introducing Asian movies to their catalogues. From an MVM statement at ayacon (? or was it may's expo?) Cutey honey outsold any anime they ever released by a 100% margin.

Back