Asian Actors to Lead Netflix’s Sword Art Online Series

J

Josh A. Stevens

Kirito and Asuna will be portrayed by Asian actors in the upcoming US live-action Sword Art Online series, writer and Executive Producer Laeta Kalogridis confirms.

Continue reading...

I don't know whether to look forward to this or be worried. I suspect sword art online is one of those that only works well in an anime medium and the US version of death note really showed a lack of understanding of what made the show great.

I don't know whether to look forward to this or be worried. I suspect sword art online is one of those that only works well in an anime medium and the US version of death note really showed a lack of understanding of what made the show great.
My experience with Netflix Originals is that they're either on the quality of Daredevil S1, Death Note. No in-between.

Haven't actually watched the series myself, but I've heard a lot of the love/hate relationship it has. Anitay has an article that shows that the producer basically knows nothing about the series, so would starting fresh for SAO be a good or bad thing?

Back