Anyone else like Advance Wars?

Vinnie

Brigade Leader
Omg, I love playing Advance Wars, even if I'm not very good at strategy. ^^

Some of my more idiotic stratagems include building lots of missile tanks in a mission where there are no airplanes/bombers at all... and then wondering why I can't use them... >_< BAKA BAKA. xD

I might get the DS game, but I have the two GBA ones on my VBA. =D

Vinnie said:

Some of my more idiotic stratagems include building lots of missile tanks in a mission where there are no airplanes/bombers at all... and then wondering why I can't use them... >_< BAKA BAKA. xD

There is one advantage to that in the DS games, you get the medals for it in the stats bit ;p

Advance Wars is a brilliant series, got all of them so far and i still don't get tired of them. The most recent one, Days of Ruin is pretty good too, despite the campaign being a tad to easy for me. I think i still prefer the original AW storyline, and i do think it could continue still, but there we go.

Arbalest said:
Vinnie said:

There is one advantage to that in the DS games, you get the medals for it in the stats bit ;p

Advance Wars is a brilliant series, got all of them so far and i still don't get tired of them. The most recent one, Days of Ruin is pretty good too, despite the campaign being a tad to easy for me. I think i still prefer the original AW storyline, and i do think it could continue still, but there we go.

Is the Days of Ruin one that one with the new darker art style? ^^ It looks pretty good.

Indeed it is the darker one, and set in a different world/universe, whichever you prefer. Its much darker, the units feel much more balanced and the campaign does have a few good challenges, it does also have online multiplayer i believe, but i haven't tried that as yet. I do miss my sami/eagle combo though =p

Is that the crazy DS where you build your own army, take over buildings and kill people with Neo-Tanks and planes? Awesome game, indeed. Not the best thing, if you're in the mood for hardcore gaming, but it's always there as a pass-time. A round between me and 3 other friends lasted 2 hours on the smallest map O.O.

Back