Any Killer 7 Fans - No More Heroes

McIcy

Mushi-shi
I know there are a few Killer 7 fans on here (Hovis! is one) well the studio that made it 'Capcom' have created a newer version, in a way its actually a prequel to Killer 7 and will be out on the Wii sometime this year.

No More Heroes has a similar stylised cell shaded design, the game puts you in the roile of an assassin trying to work his way us the hitman ladder to become the best killer in this twisted world.

To do this you have to face rivals weilding a 'Beam Katana' (can anyone say Lightsaber) which is swung using the Wii's controller, as the game progresses you can buy new weapons that better match your assassination style (guns, swords etc)

Unlike Killer 7 though Heroes is actually free-roaming, with a huge city map you can cruise (using cars, bikes or on foot) around picking up missions.

I've been doing research on this game and I'm looking forward to seeing if Capcom can deliver. Killer 7 was a very interesting title but it could have been better, I hope No More Heroes improves upon it.

I think it will improve as this game has a better budget and also they have a base work (Killer7) to build on and improve, whereas before it was more like a blank canvass

lol Compared to most games Killer7 had more imagination and creativity in its blank canvass than games with a so-called rich heritage to fall back on. I'm a bit cynical see.

I think free-roaming would be the natural gameplay evolution for No More Heroes. Storywise mind it will be interesting how it continues, because as far as I'm concerened it had the strongest video game storyline I've personally expereinced to date. :)

McIcy said:
I think it will improve as this game has a better budget and also they have a base work (Killer7) to build on and improve, whereas before it was more like a blank canvass

Yet a lot of people say that sequels usually don't end up better than the original. So even though this time they have a base to work with I don't think it will make a big impact on their final result unless they really put some effort and imagination into this.

Nemphtis said:
McIcy said:

Yet a lot of people say that sequels usually don't end up better than the original. So even though this time they have a base to work with I don't think it will make a big impact on their final result unless they really put some effort and imagination into this.

Very true but technically this is not a sequel rather its a 'new' game hosting the properties of its predecessor. It does hold element of the original but the studio are not carrying on the story so much as using its style and design properties.

McIcy said:
Bad News

This game will be a Wii exclusive so for those of us hoping for a PS2 release we won't be getting one

I never assumed it would be getting a PS2 release, with the heavy use of the Wii controls.

Yeah, I also was under the impression it was a Wii exclusive from the start. Also you have a point McIcy, it's not a direct sequel but rather a spiritual sequel so we will see how it turns out.

Well, the next console (whenever that will be) I planned on getting next was a Wii so the bad news isn't to bad from my angle.

Hovis!

Back