Anime thats set in the UK

Shiroi Hane said:
I also remember matching up the planes shown with real models of the era.

I never actually watched the show, but I seem to remember the main male character was waving around a British revolver in the promo art too.

Also the mention of royalty reminds me of that manga about Princess Diana, which is probably about as British as you're likely to get. At least until someone adapts Kes as a shonen fighting series.

To expound slightly on reaper's brief comment, To Aru Majutsu no Index features the Church of England as one of the religious factions involved in goings-on, and as such features some locations in and around London, mainly, including the Canterbury Cathedral and St. George's Cathedral.

Professor Irony said:
I never actually watched the show, but I seem to remember the main male character was waving around a British revolver in the promo art too.
He also has an IMCO lighter in the first episode (repeated in the OP for the rest of the series).. although they're German.
They reason I recognised it since Reki from Haibane Renmei also had one - and hence so do I (although I have the Junior, as it was the only one anyone could find online at the time)

...I identified his as a Triplex Super. Regarding the planes (on which I am no expert)

Episode 1:
When and where is this set? I'd been thinking this was in Britain what with the setting, the titles and the writing on the letter, but that was a biplane with dual machine guns that fired through the propellers, which ISTR was a feature of German and not British planes? OK, Wikipedia says "The first British aircraft to use these [interrupter] gears was the Sopwith 1½ Strutter which arrived in April 1916" and "The Allies did not field an aircraft with twin synchronized guns until the Sopwith Camel and the SPAD S.XIII came into service (mid 1917)" and the Sopwiths do look quite like what is in the flashback.

Episode 11:
Well, we've now had a flashback to Hugh flying a Camel in 1917-18.
[...]
I guess Eilas is now in a Fokker Dr 1?

Unknownfate said:
Quite surprised no one has mentioned Strike Witches. Whilst not "Britain" it is really.

ofc it is, the only thing different is that is that it uses the latin names instead of the english for the area's ;)

Gundam 00 has ireland, does that count?

Back