Anime t shirts

devilrules666

Combat Butler
Hey was wondering if you guys could give me some advice. Do you guys know where to buy anime t shirts from? And I don't mean the usual ones like Bleach, Naruto, One Piece, Death Note, Full Alchemist or Dragon Ball Z. I want to find some different shirts from other anime. Anyone know any good places to start online? Thanks in advance! :D

I managed to get a Sword Art Online t-shirt from CDJapan a while back. I had to pre-order it though, but it was worth the wait.

Shiroi Hane said:
Doesn't appear that their stuff is actually licensed however.
Yeah, looks like it's someone running one of those indie websites where they sell their own designs, but this person decided to use designs from TV shows and anime.

I have little objections to the K-ON! shirt though, when the closest legitimate alternate I could find was:
10132741a.jpg

That Engrish alone stops me from buying it xD

(That reminds me: http://www.1999.co.jp/eng sells t-shirts too).

I used to get awesome ones from rightstuf back when I was in university (my ergo proxy shirt is my fave), but they only seem to sell crap now :/

I've seen anime shirts come up a lot on shirt-a-day websites like shirtpunch.com (had an awesome Samurai Champloo a few days ago, but beware their postage takes forever) and *deleted* (note that these are usually user submitted/fair usage art and not officially licensed anime merch).

Rui said:
Removing the links to unlicensed ones as it's not fair to the creators.

R

I think there's a difference between user sbbumitted/fan created art and straight up unlicensed piracy, like the difference between doujinshi and bootleg manga/anime. That said, you're the mods ;)

I've bought a variety of t-shirts over the years and the official stuff always holds up a hell of a lot better than the other stuff

Rosencrantz said:
I've bought a variety of t-shirts over the years and the official stuff always holds up a hell of a lot better than the other stuff
Depends who makes it. I mean, my Mum bought an official Nintendo t-shirt for my little brother and after one wash (which was done properly), the entire transfer came off. I also had an official Pokémon Black and White promotional t-shirt that faded really quickly (I guess Nintendo are just bad at picking out partners for these kind of things? xD).

If it's cheaply made in something like a Chinese sweat shop by child workers like a lot of bootlegs seem to be, then the quality will probably suck, but if it's someone using one of those "Print your own designs" things that are meant for professional indie use, but they misuse it by having designs with copyrighted material on them, the physical quality of the item should stand up.

Back