Anime Shopping in London

Gemma1412

Kiznaiver
Where are the best places to shop for Anime/Manga/Asian Goods in London?

I know of Forbidden Planet on Shaftesbury Avenue and i know of the Asian supermarket in Colindale.

Anyone know any other places in London?

I think there's a Borders on Oxford Street with a manga section, and of course there is the Manga Cafe just down from the Eye (though not much manga!).

Right next to Picadilly Circus tube station is the Japan Centre.

Three floors of heaven (bottom is purely Japanese food, middle in a restaurant and top is all the original Japanese good you could want (including untranslated manga etc)). Wonderful place, highly recommended.

melonpan said:

Three floors of heaven (bottom is purely Japanese food, middle in a restaurant and top is all the original Japanese good you could want (including untranslated manga etc)). Wonderful place, highly recommended.

Yeah the Japan Centre rocks. I pick up Japanese food there from time to time. I also got a copy of the weekly Shonen magazine a while ago from there. Good stuff :p There’s also the Mitsukoshi Centre round the corner from the Japan Centre. They sell Japanese manga and books downstairs and stuff.
Other than that Oxford Street HMV has a decent anime section and the big forbidden planet is near they at the top end of Shaftsbury avenue although if want more info on that see here: http://forums.animeuknews.net/viewtopic.php?t=7996
Just remember though you will pay more in those places than you would online.

McIcy said:
Tokyo Toys is a great place to go shopping, think its in Covent garden

Cool didn't know they actually had a shop. Thanks for the heads up.

Sakimori said:
I also got a copy of the weekly Shonen magazine a while ago from there. Good stuff
You got a copy of Weekly Jump from there...? I'D KILL FOR A COPY OF WEEKLY JUMP. [As long as all the good series in there have good chapters that week.] Mayn, I'm so going there in the unseeable future.

Sakimori said:
melonpan said:

Yeah the Japan Centre rocks. I pick up Japanese food there from time to time. I also got a copy of the weekly Shonen magazine a while ago from there. Good stuff :p There’s also the Mitsukoshi Centre round the corner from the Japan Centre. They sell Japanese manga and books downstairs and stuff.
Other than that Oxford Street HMV has a decent anime section and the big forbidden planet is near they at the top end of Shaftsbury avenue although if want more info on that see here: http://forums.animeuknews.net/viewtopic.php?t=7996
Just remember though you will pay more in those places than you would online.

McIcy said:
Tokyo Toys is a great place to go shopping, think its in Covent garden

Cool didn't know they actually had a shop. Thanks for the heads up.

Only opened a few weeks ago, they were promoting it at the Expo.

Ooooh I gotta visit the Japan Centre

Sakimori said:
There’s also the Mitsukoshi Centre round the corner from the Japan Centre. They sell Japanese manga and books downstairs and stuff.

Oh wow, thanks for mentioning the one round the corner, now I've got something to search for =). I'd love to be able to just pop down there for some food every now and again, it'd take about an hour to get there though so it'd have to be more of a special thing. Ah well. I just love Picadilly Circus <3

EDIT: And nice to know a Tokyo Toys shop is opening - that's extremely awesome. I just wish these people would come to forums to promote (I know lots do already), but these are the bigger guys (although still pretty small) compared to the really tiny companies, so they'd get a lot more business and people knowing about them if they came to a forum where most of their business lies.

Japan centre.. is so so.
well from what i remember its only has 3 floors and they are small has hell.
the ground floor is for food shopping
1st floor is a restaurant
2nd floor is a small bookstore

thats all...i dont know what the hype is about...(although i bought a nice drink from there..)

Back