Anime parody Kappa Mikey coming to the UK

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
Kid's TV channel Nickelodeon US have recently started airing episodes of Kappa Mikey; an American produced series that parodies Japanese animation- the star of the show is a failed American actor who finds success and fame as a Japanese anime seiyuu.

The opening theme of the show is performed by Japanese rock band the Beat Crusaders who are largely known amongst Western anime fans for contributing to the acclaimed BECK anime soundtrack (their songs include "Moon on the Water" and "Follow Me").

Nickelodeon has plans to roll out Kappa Mikey to their TV stations around the world- and this includes the UK.

This sounds quite interesting, though from what I've heard, it hasn't gone down too well (opinion-wise, at least) with American viewers. Irregardless, they earn cool points for nabbing a song from the Beat Crusaders, hence enabling me to mention BECK and those awesome songs in the news story ;)

Paul said:
This sounds quite interesting, though from what I've heard, it hasn't gone down too well (opinion-wise, at least) with American viewers. Irregardless, they earn cool points for nabbing a song from the Beat Crusaders, hence enabling me to mention BECK and those awesome songs in the news story ;)
Heh. You forgot the main one, "Hit in America", the opening theme to BECK :).

It does sound quite a horrific series in all honesty. A TV station famed for its policy of not showing anime parodying it is a foreboding concept to me...:( Will have to see how it all pans out in the end I guess.

Back