What would you rather watch/read first?

• Anime

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Manga

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

melonpan

Death Scythe
I think this is a rather interesting question : ).

What would you rather do first, if given a full collection of DVDs/fansubs of an anime, and a whole pile of manga books, which would you do first?
No in betweens either :p .

It's anime for me, I don't know why, I really don't have a clue why actually, I guess probably because anime gets me into a series, with the music and all, then manga adds to the whole experience. Hmm!

Hmm. . .Even though I like anime a bit more. I Think I would go with Manga on this one. The enjoyment of a series would last longer methinks.

EDIT: I Have clicked on anime instead of manga. Erm. . .Yeah. :roll:

Anime, definately! ^_^

I love manga - the way it flexes your imagination muscles and all that, but anime just delivers a fuller experience. Music, voice acting, colour, movement - none of that can be had in manga!

Manga simply becuase my collection needs to grow. Its bigger than my anime collection by a long way but has the first few volumes of loads of series and not much more. And I prefer manga as it costs less. In many cases looks better and can be taken and read anywhere. Plus manga's usually have more in depth story than they're anime adaptations. :p

Annoyingly this would depend on the series, like if I got the latest Air Gear manga I would shove everything else out of the way so I could read it.

However for me anime will always out rank manga, especially as I have so many series I am hooked on at the moment, like the ever stunning Lovely Complex (although with the mangas for this now out I may have a problem when both are in and I am torn between which to read/watch first)

I doo love Manga though Anime will probably rank 1st for me. Sadly I work alot so when I'm off I'm naturally lazy :oops: Anime just doesn't take as much effort. Do love Manga though. :wink:

McIcy said:
Lovely Complex (although with the mangas for this now out I may have a problem when both are in and I am torn between which to read/watch first)

Oooooh. its out.

Can't wait to get a hold of it now.

Totally depends on the series. I'm a purist, so I would probably read/watch whichever was made first, which often happens to be the manga. I rarely bother to watch/read 2 versions of something though.

Then again it also depends on the manga artwork ~ if it was overly complicated e.g. Angel Sanctuary (beautiful artwork yes, but a little hard to follow at first) or just plain ol' badly drawn e.g. Tokyo Mew Mew (sorry but it's true) then I'd watch the anime first 'cos it's usually easier to get into the story that way.

Sakimori said:
And I prefer manga as it costs less. In many cases looks better and can be taken and read anywhere.

That's a very good point! i.e. it's more useful for long tube journeys lol About the price, yes it's cheaper but then it's usually quicker to read a manga than watch a DVD, plus often the manga has more volumes so you end up spending the same amount anyway :p

Link100p said:
Anime probably, I only get Manga if I liked the Anime series.

Isn't that a bit ... pointless? I like reading manga that's exclusive to that medium, or stuff like Fullmetal Alchemist where the anime and manga are significantely different.

I'd rather read manga and the anime to be based on that.

But most of the time it's just scaled down and leaves out half the storyline.

CitizenGeek said:
Link100p said:

Isn't that a bit ... pointless? I like reading manga that's exclusive to that medium, or stuff like Fullmetal Alchemist where the anime and manga are significantely different.
Not at all Pointless, I just don't buy manga unless I've seen a series or film that it relates too. Manga/comics just don't really interest me.

Jayme said:
McIcy said:
Lovely Complex (although with the mangas for this now out I may have a problem when both are in and I am torn between which to read/watch first)

Oooooh. its out.

Can't wait to get a hold of it now.

Yeah volume 1 is although its a pain to get hold of, I can't wait to get it through the post

CitizenGeek said:
Link100p said:

Its not that pointless, i have done the same thing with Cheeky Angel & currectly Elemental Gelade, i find there's stuff in the anime that is missed and reading the manga fills in the gaps. Its also a great way of refreshing your memory of some of the great moments in anime that were inspired by the manga.

All this said i would always pick anime over manga, have no specific reason why but its just what i would rather do at home during daylight hours, i tend to read all my manga just before going to bed or whilst on my lunch break at work.

Anime. I read quicker than the speed a fat kid goes through cake.

Watching anime takes more time. I feel like I'm getting me money's worth then.

Back