Anime Magazines

The only anime magazine I get is the Japanese Newtype magazine, but only when I order anime from Amazon JP, about 3-4 times a year. I purchase the magazine mainly for its size, so that when the anime ships with it, Amazon will shrink wrap the anime and the magazine to a sheet of cardboard and glue it to the bottom of the box, so the anime is much better protected from shipping damage. I refer to this as Amazon JP's plank-in-a-box shipping, lol. Even though I can't read the Japanese in the magazine, there are lots of posters, calendars, clear files, and foldout artwork that still makes the magazine worthwhile to get, and not just useful for shipping!
In relation to my earlier post above from last year, just today I ordered a copy of the Newtype June 2021 magazine from Japan, which featured the girls from Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0, including my Best Girl Mari. It includes a folded B2-sized poster of the same image on the cover, and since I'm currently collecting Japanese B2 posters for my theater room walls, I figured I'd better snag a copy, because the edition is now OOP and going for somewhat crazy prices!

s-l400.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

She turned out to be Shinji's best girl too. 😉
So I've heard, but I have not yet seen the last three of the four movies - at least he's got good taste in women, and finally manned-up, I hope!

There is a great mini poster of Mari on eBay right now, A4 sized, I think, but they want too much money for it, or I'd get that too. I did save the image and cleaned it up and am using it as my wallpaper right now...

evamari1.jpg

Sorry for getting a little off-topic now... 😅

Last edited:
Yes, you are correct, but I think it may just be a printed signature, as I looked at a couple different ones on eBay, and the written text and signature appears to be exactly the same on all of them...

one of the auctions stated they were limited to 1000 copies
Ahh, gotcha. It's a nice item. I really like the illustration of Mari on it. She's a favourite character of mine, and Sakamoto is a quality voice performer. 👌

I won't be pursuing it, personally, but what was the seller looking to get for it, dude, out of curiosity?

About $43, I think. Not an outrageous price, but its only A4 and I just spent hundreds of dollars on 50 B2 sized posters for only $5 to $10 each, so I reigned myself in... for the moment, anyways, lol. 😅

Last edited:
Back